The Riviera Theater, Chicago, IL 02/16/08

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did they play HMD straight- or did they include the 'lost' verse? I'm also curious as to how/if they'll play Less Than You Think...predictions? I just can't see them playing 12 minutes of "migraine." Can't wait to hear what they have for y'all tonight!!!

i wish jeff had let andrew do all of the whistling... after the show, in the car, we were talking about how he's probably the best whistler in the entire world, and that talent needs to be utilized.

hotel arizona blew my mind. too far apart totally kicked my ass. forget the flowers felt like a damn hoedown with the fiddle and everything (in a good way, of course.)

i nearly cried during 'dash 7' and 'it's just that simple'. beautiful stuff. the look on jeff's face as john took the spotlight was really heart melting.

[quote name='Tweedy's Gurl' date='Feb 17 2008, 08:36 PM' post='1061376'

i nearly cried during 'dash 7'

Me too. The crowd's respectful quiet for the song was almost as impressive as the heartfelt appreciation shown John after It's Just That Simple. And the encore . . . And the crowd . . .

Cannot wait for tomorrow night. Having such a great time with everyone.

They did the Hoodoo Voodoo dueling guitars thing at Warsaw with Jeff in the mix too. It was a highlight then and when they began the song last night I knew it would be just as amazing.

So far this has been such such a heartwarming experience for me. I don't have any close friends who obsess about this band the way I do and it is so nice to be with people who "get it." Not having to explain the Wilco thing is a luxury that I will never take for granted. I have met so many great people from all around the country and I am looking forward to hanging with my new friends at the next 3 shows. The sing-along at the bar was truly special, I doubt I will ever have that opportunity again. I'm not usually a sing-along kinda gal but it was so organic and joyus. And what a great DJ - several Wilco AND Replacements songs...can't beat that! :worship

Have I mentioned I LOVE THIS BAND SO MUCH yet there are simply no words to express the enormity of my emotions...but you all understand. It makes me want to laugh, cry, jump for joy, shout at the top of my lungs (though I currently have no voice) and hug all of you wonderful VCers :cheekkiss

See you all Monday...fingers crossed for Alone, Venus..., and Summerteeth. :thumbup

They did a great job on it, as far as I was concerned. Great night. Andrew Bird coming out was the best thing ever. They should make him a part of the group and be done with it. Hotel Arizona was a highlight for me of course and the "real' encore with the guitar duel between Nels and Pat during Hoodoo Voodoo was the perfect way to end the night. I don't know if they have done that before (have they???) but it gave the encore a nice airing out and a way to send the crowd home happy.

Aside from nearly coming to blows with a 19 year old girl who insisted on leaning against me before the show (without even introducing herself) because she couldn't see without doing it, the night was a gas.

Gawd I am glad there is a break today and earlier shows this week. Someone save a seat for me in the balcony one night okay?? Everyone else...enjoy your day off, particularly those from out of town. PM me if you need directions... :lol I will be doing work today to make up for the time on Friday I spent on the street instead of working.

LouieB

The sing-along at the bar was truly special, I doubt I will ever have that opportunity again. I'm not usually a sing-along kinda gal but it was so organic and joyus. And what a great DJ - several Wilco AND Replacements songs...can't beat that!

:wub

WOW! What great photos. My camera sucks - I can't seem to get any quality shots. Thanks for posting/sharing. You Wilco fans...truly a generous lot.

I finally got the rest of my Saturday night photos up. Here are a few of the better ones ... they can all be found here.

2273012312_fe5b32bb65.jpg

2272920424_8043a862db.jpg

2272985850_62a95ab28b.jpg

2273067782_5ac7008cff.jpg

2273113390_2102cc059e.jpg

I took photos and managed to get video of one song although I'm in no way guaranteeing quality as some tall girl was in front of me and she kept moving her head...GRR...I decided I may need to make a portable step stool for concerts :) I'll post the link when I get the photos up.

The show rocked..and I can't wait to see them again in a month!

Horn section: The Total Pros, I think. I read it somewhere but can't find the source now.

I first thought that was what Tweedy called them, but then it sounded like Tonal Pros, then I wondered if it was Prose instead of Pros and, well, I'm confused. :punch