The Riviera Theater, Chicago, IL 02/16/08

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was on the right..and had no idea anything happened til Jeff said something. Have to say good job whatever you did...cause last June at the Adler with Wilco there was a fight and security...well it was like they didnt exist and Jeff was up there calling for them and the whole band walked over to that side of the stage to see if anyone was going to stop it...it's why we ended up with only 1 encore which was a total bummer. So noone got hurt obviously?

I was on the right..and had no idea anything happened til Jeff said something. Have to say good job whatever you did...cause last June at the Adler with Wilco there was a fight and security...well it was like they didnt exist and Jeff was up there calling for them and the whole band walked over to that side of the stage to see if anyone was going to stop it...it's why we ended up with only 1 encore which was a total bummer. So noone got hurt obviously?

Oh, it wasn't me, but it was right behind me and, from what I understand, it was my hubby. It involved a bear hug, I think. :brow There was an uber-drunk fan storming the stage for the encore, stumbling everywhere, spilling beer, and generally pissing everyone off. Security was half over the rail, but then everything got figured out. I especially liked the line, "We have to take care of the drunken idiots in the crowd, too."

Oh, it wasn't me, but it was right behind me and, from what I understand, it was my hubby. It involved a bear hug, I think. :brow There was an uber-drunk fan storming the stage for the encore, stumbling everywhere, spilling beer, and generally pissing everyone off. Security was half over the rail, but then everything got figured out. I especially liked the line, "We have to take care of the drunken idiots in the crowd, too."

Lol that was probably one of my top 3 favourite lines he said that night!! Thanks~!

Was your hubby the 6'5 dude showing all the restraint? That drunk guy came so close to getting the beer beaten out of him.

Mine, of course (on tapers.org)! Just kidding. They both sound -very- good, I think. We all have different ideas about what sounds "better" or "best", so download a track or two from each and decide which you prefer. :)

Brian, You did a terrific job recording the show. We are fortunate to have people like you and chitaper to help us relive the magic!

Best Wilco show ever. I can't decide what part was my favorite...Magazine Called Sunset, Hell is Chrome, Hotel Arizona, Red-Eyed and Blue>I Got You, Dash 7, Andrew Bird, the real encore...every time I thought it couldn't get any better, another amazing thing happened. :wub

Also, it was great to meet some new VCers and see some old friends again! Can't wait to hang out with you guys again soon. :cheers

It was also great seeing it with my sweetheart who is a goddamn prince for taking me!

Fixed it for you. :pirate

Freakin' amazing tonight. Crowd reaction for "Just that Simple"? Possibly one of the best things I have ever experienced.

Having known John since I was 17 (1985) I have to agree with you and it was the greatest moment as a music fan I have ever experienced in my life. Listening to the show today the crowd going fucking nuts (that brought on the encore) to Pres. of USA - Peaches might be another highlight of the evening. My 20th Wilco show since the AM tour and tonight was in my opinion, the best I have seen.