• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But it doesn't add up - everything else he does is unfunny, and none of the unfunny stuff has Parnell in it.

From Wikipedia:

Samberg's fellow members of The Lonely Island were involved in the making of the film. Akiva Schaffer directed the clip and Jorma Taccone created the musical beat. All three plus Parnell wrote the script on December 12, 2005, and the music was recorded the following day.

So it wasn't just Samberg, but Samberg plus his buddies from L.A., plus Parnell.

Rachel Dratch was the one that I thought was incredibly unattractive and not a good addition. She ended up being really funny in some of the more memorable ongoing bits in her era, notably as the drunk Bostonian with Jimmy Fallon, and the therapist/naturalist wife to Will Farrell where they constantly talked about having sex.

Guest Jesus Etc

I apologize if this is already publicly know but I know the two songs that will be played on SNL tomorrow. If it's not known I'm not sure I should spoil it for anyone. should I post them or not?

Rachel Dratch was the one that I thought was incredibly unattractive and not a good addition. She ended up being really funny in some of the more memorable ongoing bits in her era, notably as the drunk Bostonian with Jimmy Fallon, and the therapist/naturalist wife to Will Farrell where they constantly talked about having sex.

debbie_downer.jpg

For some reason, "Via Chicago" seems rather appropriate for SNL, to me anyway. It'll never happen, though. "I dreamed about killing you again last night"...wouldn't go over well on national TV. Sadly.

Yes, it is actually live:

Subject: Is it really live?

Yes, it is broadcast live (except for a few taped

segments such as the fake commercials). There were

also two occasions when it was broadcast on a delay

because of the reputations of the hosts. These were:

13 Dec 1975: Richard Pryor (7 second delay)

12 May 1990: Andrew Dice Clay (7 second delay)

15 seconds of [insert SBS song] into a faux "stop stop stop stop," Tweedy turning back to band, waving his hands in the air, then the band breaks into KICKING TELEVISION.

:lol :lol

okay, so who can set me straight.

SNL isn't really live, right? It is filmed live earlier in the day? Like how Letterman shoots his show at 5... is that how it works?

Yes. I remember Metallica slipping a few F-bombs in the late 90s. :shifty

Looks like somebody is going to crash the party tonight.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/03/01/cli....snl/index.html

She's the reason Phish broke up, you know. :lol