• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They looked so into it and happy to be there. Congrats to them!

Yeah, the Nudie, the pics of JTs kids on the amp, the Sue shout out--they approached this as once-in-a-lifetime. Good for them.

I dunno. Jeff seemed a little stiff and nervous. A little out of place. Or maybe its just that everyone on the show, including the cast, look out of place and nervous. It was strange.

Nudie suit with sneakers?

So, I haven't read any of these posts because they haven't played yet on the West Coast, but was Glenn the drummer in the band for the ''Dakota Fanning Show" skit? It sure looked like him.

I dunno. Jeff seemed a little stiff and nervous. A little out of place. Or maybe its just that everyone on the show, including the cast, look out of place and nervous. It was strange.

Nudie suit with sneakers?

:lol Nudie with sneakers.... it's tough to put shoes with the Nudie, I bet.

Yeah, they were a little stiff, but you can't blame them. Imagine the crowd--while I'm sure there were some serious Wilco fans present, it's not like having a room full of your fans pushed up against the rail, cheering you on. I bet the atmosphere was bizarre, to say the least.

walken rocked amazingly hard for an SNL performance, for a wilco performance, i thought it was great.

Agree!

I hope people stayed tuned in long enough to see it, though.

so a few snl thoughts....

1- jeff and that suit, somebody lost a bet

2- at least 2 seperate times i thought "oh this skit reminds me of why i dont watch snl"

3- the final ellen paige skit had a strange and serious ending

4- the obama/clinton skit reminded me of those good ol days (2000 debates)...."lock box"

5- hate it here and walken were the best non IG pair of songs to go with for sure, great job Wilco

:lol Nudie with sneakers.... it's tough to put shoes with the Nudie, I bet.

Yeah, they were a little stiff, but you can't blame them. Imagine the crowd--while I'm sure there were some serious Wilco fans present, it's not like having a room full of your fans pushed up against the rail, cheering you on. I bet the atmosphere was bizarre, to say the least.

Right! The sneakers go with the nudie better than those round brown leather shoes he usually wears.

It had to be a surreal experience for them. The promo pictures they showed before the ads were cool.

I love the suit. :blush

I'll never forget when he wore it the first time - in Columbus OH last fall. I was in 2nd row pit center. When the band first took the stage, Nels tripped over something and totally flew across the stage and I thought, oh shit, the show is over. :upset

But he made a heroic save and then right behind him, Jeff walks in wearing the Nudie suit ... :-O

Jeff: "He couldn't handle the suit."

:lol

283761410.jpg

I love during the closing credits after Ellen shook Jeff's hand he just disappeared to the back of the mob. Ten seconds later the closest thing to a Wilco member up front was Max of DAAAAAAA Total Proz looking very much at ease with himself. Was Hate it Here cut short or did I just imagine that? I don't know, the whole thing was just okay for me, echoing Leo's earlier sentiments. It's definitely a weird vibe in general. On with the tour. Looking forward to hanging out with you'll in cyber land from NoLa in a few days.

Towards the end of Walken I noticed they all kinda were looking at eachother realizing, "We just kicked ass on SNL!" I enjoyed watching them lap in the last few moments of the song!

I couldn't help but think

"Those are my boys!"

wow...

now commencing search for a life...

:worship