NFL Thread (2008 edition)

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barber had 8 carries, Owens had 2 on end arounds/reverses.

Inexplicable.

Agreed. How about Owens whining about not getting looks from Romo, when he threw to him 17 times?

Edit: Bears game was awesome last night. Night games are great, but damn do people get loaded and belligerent. It never ceases to amaze me.

Good job by the Bears last night.

Peter King:

The best team: New York Giants. Somewhere in between the Cowboys giving up 37 points to the Eagles and 381 yards to the Redskins -- both at home -- and listening to Terrell Owens complain last night that he's not getting the ball enough, I came to realize the team with the best talent is not the best team. At least not now.

The Giants have retained the hunger of a team on the verge of winning a Super Bowl -- not of a team that just won one. In training camp, Justin Tuck told me the defensive linemen were sitting around at the team's Super Bowl party in Phoenix, three hours after the game last February, all talking about winning another one instead of how they were going to celebrate this one. The Giants are deep at running back and wide receiver (even with the Plaxico Burress fireworks), have a workmanlike and versatile offensive line, are surviving the losses of Michael Strahan and Osi Umenyiora and are maturing in the secondary.

Will they win again? If they don't get a big injury on defense, and if Eli Manning continues his steady climb as a passer and leader, the answer is yes.

I think the fine and suspension on Eric Smith was excessive. He's going in hard to dislodge the ball from Boldin and the hit from behind drove Boldin's head lower into the Smith's path.

I understand the desire to protect players, but to fine and suspend someone for something that clearly lacks intent or malice rubs me the wrong way.

I guess I should know better. After getting totally disgusted with the Colts I left and went grocery shopping. 21 points in 5 minutes? Damn.

Hey, thanks Steelers! :cheers Way to pull that one out.

So, the Bears looked pretty good today, but it was against the Lions, so I refuse to get too excited about it.

Did the win against Philly do anything for you?

I am cautious too, but they look pretty good. Imagine if Tommie Harris was healthy and not missing meetings.

Did the win against Philly do anything for you?

Yeah, but...

I don't know. I'm not convinced that this team can beat anyone in the playoffs -- assuming they get there.

That said, their schedule isn't too difficult this year. The Titans should give them trouble (but that game's in Chicago), and I expect them to struggle against the Saints (at home) and to probably lose one game each to the Packers and Vikings. But they could probably wind up 10-6 without too much trouble, and maybe 11-5. If they can secure the home field for a round or two of the playoffs, who knows?

Well, I just saw a clip of Fred Smoot claiming the Redskins were "the beast" of the NFC East. I guess Brandon Jacobs needs to run his ass over again to restore a proper sense of perspective.