New Election Thread

i can tell you that kids growing up still today in Montana (not as racist as a lot of deep south places, but still) aren't as lucky as you.... sadly

both Sara and her husband are union members?

there goes the right wingers support! UNIONS = BAAAAAAAD MMKAY?

if adding a vagina to the ticket is all that is needed, Obama should have just come out as a hermaphrodite...

Oh, and help me understand this... She is going to campaign for family values with a down syndrome toddler at home that she will never see on the campaign trail?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that is the case for most metro areas -- certainly with a few exceptions. And it is the exceptions that cause the distortion of the way things are because that's what people focus on in order to reinforce their beliefs.

Wouldn't that make McCain ... gay?

As I recall, the character on the show was not gay - and that was not where I was going. It's just some weird shit that came into my mind.

Oh, and help me understand this... She is going to campaign for family values with a down syndrome toddler at home that she will never see on the campaign trail?

A 4 month old is not a toddler -- especially one with Down's.

Another thing -- McCain certainly didn't run to the center by picking her -- so I don't see him picking up many former clinton supporters who are largely pro-choice and not conservative (i.e. democrats) in the first place. He may get a few, but certainly not a critical mass.

as i watch and hear palin speak, it occurs to me that mccain is ensuring that the clintons will be working for obama's election at least twice as hard as they were already planning to.

As to your second -- agreed again, though I am thinking that it more likely will turn out to be the latter.

Watching her speak now, I have to say that she strikes me as deeply unimpressive, at least as a campaign speaker. She sounds like a small-town mayor rather than someone qualified for the national stage. I'm actually disappointed to feel so underwhelmed.

Lol, on the other board I'm on where it is mostly conservative, they are raving about Palin. Just goes to show it has nothing to do with her and everything to do with politics.

Well, at least nobody on this board is trying to make me feel guilty about not wanting to vote. So, point for you guys.

Lol, on the other board I'm on where it is mostly conservative, they are raving about Palin. Just goes to show it has nothing to do with her and everything to do with politics.

Well, at least nobody on this board is trying to make me feel guilty about not wanting to vote. So, point for you guys.

why do you post on a Nickelback board? :shifty

They were already going to vote for McCain though. This pick preaches to the right wing base -- not to independents who he desperately needs.

To some degree that's always true. But even conservatives concerned about Obama's inexperience and/or policies will concede that he's impressive as a campaigner, and certainly can hold his own on the national stage. With Palin, all her first speech did was give me doubts about her ability in that regard.

So is McCain abandoning the "experience" meme or what?

With the Biden pick, Obama presents us with an elderly man who has had 2 aneurysms. If god forbid, Joe Biden passes away while in office, President Obama leaves us with the Speaker of the house in succession... and we do not know who this will be at that time. If Pelosi is out of office, or power, we could end up with 30-something year old former town councillor from Vermont. I'm not actually concerned about this, but I am trying to follow along with this line of thinking.

With the Biden pick, Obama presents us with an elderly man who has had 2 aneurysms. If god forbid, Joe Biden passes away while in office, President Obama leaves us with the Speaker of the house in succession... and we do not know who this will be at that time. If Pelosi is out of office, or power, we could end up with 30-something year old former town councillor from Vermont. I'm not actually concerned about this, but I am trying to follow along with this line of thinking.

Vermont's lone U.S. Rep. is over 60.

To some degree that's always true. But even conservatives concerned about Obama's inexperience and/or policies will concede that he's impressive as a campaigner, and certainly can hold his own on the national stage. With Palin, all her first speech did was give me doubts about her ability in that regard.

They don't have any concerns about her abilities. Thats my point. It has nothing to do with her, and everything to do with the R next to her name.

Watching her speak now, I have to say that she strikes me as deeply unimpressive, at least as a campaign speaker. She sounds like a small-town mayor rather than someone qualified for the national stage. I'm actually disappointed to feel so underwhelmed.

so your saying i should just watch the youtube clip of lisa loeb parading around in a thong on that short-lived Issac Mizrahi talk show? damn.