New and Improved 3-ply election thread...

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw some of her interview with Katie Couric on the news tonite. Man, she's is rough around the edges. No wonder McCain doesn't want her talking to people. I would have loved to be surprised and have her be eloquent and funny and wry, but she isn't. She's dumb.

"I'll try and find some examples and bring em to ya."

Eloquent, funny, and wry :monkey

Palin's sad and very bad interview..watch @ least the last 10 seconds!

:lol

It's just bad form to blow off Dave.

If election year is good for nothing else, it's tremendous fodder for our funny guys. Who was it said that the only media not putting spin on the truth are the comedians? Thank God for those guys.

So, are my paychecks about to be smaller?

If no longer being able to afford chicken bullion for your home made dirt soup is cutting back, then yes, your paycheck is going to look rather anemic.

But don

If no longer being able to afford chicken bullion for your home made dirt soup is cutting back, then yes, your paycheck is going to look rather anemic.

But don

A treasury spokes person was asked about the $700 billion. He said that they didn't have any specific metric they were basing it on, but that they knew they needed a really big number. It that right there does not scream out that this plan is f&%#ed right from the begining, I don't know what will.

Christ. Wouldn't you think that, at any point, some of these folks would just think to themselves "wow, I'm not qualified for this"?

I frequent another board that consists of mostly Republicans and when I posted this interview, only one of them responded. He was irate that Katie, a left wing wacko, dared to ask such tough questions of Palin. He bet she wouldn't do the same for Biden.

I frequent another board that consists of mostly Republicans and when I posted this interview, only one of them responded. He was irate that Katie, a left wing wacko, dared to ask such tough questions of Palin. He bet she wouldn't do the same for Biden.

:lol My question is somewhat bi-partisan though. At any point, do these people just think that they aren't qualified to do the job?

Colbert's speech at the White House Correspondence Dinner is still the greatest thing that has ever happened in entire universe.

he was absolutely brilliant and fearless, no question about it. :thumbup

Glen Greenwald on Sarah Palin (not literally, as far as I know, they have never had sexual relations):

I've also thought for the last several weeks that people like Andrew Sullivan were being unduly critical of the McCain campaign's Palin media strategy. That strategy didn't strike me as particularly unusual or alarming. It's common for campaigns to be selective about their chosen interviewers, and it didn't strike me as significant -- or bothersome -- that they wanted to give Palin some time to acclimate to the national scene and prepare herself before submitting to standard press questions. I was wrong about that, too.

Between that bizarre episode at the U.N. yesterday where they basically physically blocked her from answering even innocuous questions to their desire to "postpone" the Vice Presidential debate, it's now conclusively, disturbingly clear that the McCain campaign really does intend essentially to shield her from any and all media scrutiny until the election. I no longer think this is careful media strategizing by the McCain campaign but instead is motivated by what Greg Sargent said last night:

The lengths the McCain campaign is going to in order to shield Sarah Palin from questioning are reaching truly comic dimensions . . . What's really sobering is that the McCain campaign continues to block Palin from answering questions even though it's now resulting in reams and reams of bad press for the McCain-Palin ticket. That suggests McCain advisers know that letting her answer even the most elementary questions in an uncontrolled environment is so dangerous that it's worth weathering the current media drubbing they're taking in order to prevent it from happening at all costs.

Vice Presidents matter much more than they did before. So much unfettered power is now vested in the Executive that it's inevitable that the Vice President will wield significant authority. McCain evinces little interest in domestic policy, and the fact that he will be beholden to her and her Dobson-ite base if she wins makes it highly likely that she will exert substantial influence over numerous important areas. All of that, combined with McCain's age -- and what really do appear to be legitimate and growing questions about his health (those are mere suspicions, but appropriate ones that should be answered by McCain) -- makes Sarah Palin's candidacy a very real hazard, something that, by the day, I'm convinced is as important as any other issue in the campaign.

all right, that does it. they both should be thrown out of the race on grounds of absurdity and the most shameless kind of politicking i've ever seen, in the middle of a crisis. really.

Oh wow.

Palin may also suspend her campaign.

Because America needs her to fix a problem that she has no power over nor any knowledge of.

What a shock. This whole thing is absolutely ludicrous. I really hope most people planning to vote for them are reading between the lines and seeing straight through this scam, but something tells me that's not the case.