New and Improved 3-ply election thread...

Obama rejects McCain's call to delay debate

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080924/...JQISkisndg.3QA

"It's my belief that this is exactly the time when the American people need to hear from the person who, in approximately 40 days, will be responsible for dealing with this mess," Obama said at a news conference in Clearwater, Fla. "It's going to be part of the president's job to deal with more than one thing at once."

so what's McCain's next move? stand firm and not show up at the debate? send Palin in his absence? :lol

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats what came to my mind right away. Down right disturbing. Dont you Obama supports find it odd he isn't talking about this?

I find it disturbing that there are many things that aren't talked about publicly by anyone in government.

I find it disturbing that there are many things that aren't talked about publicly by anyone in government.

Absolute but when i bring it up the fact that they aren't talking

single payer health care

cracking down on corporate crime

Cutting the military budget

withdrawal from the middle east

AND SAYING NO! to nuclear power

all i hear are crickets. I figured the dictatorial take over of the united states might get people talking. guess not.

Rep. Barney Frank (D-Mass.) blasted McCain's move. "It's the longest 'Hail Mary' in the history of either football or Marys," Frank, chairman of the Financial Services Committee, said during a break in today's critical hearing on the bailout.

Despite McCain's denunciation that the current proposal has "no consensus" and cannot pass, Frank said he would keep working with Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson.

"I'm not particularly focused on Senator McCain. I really don't care," he said. "I guess if I wanted expertise there [from the GOP ticket], I'd ask Sarah Palin."

Zing! Score one for the Congressman from Mass.

That's a zinger. Barney's been too busy this week to put up with GOP b.s. grandstanding.

From CNN

McCain surrogate Sen. Lindsey Graham tells CNN the McCain campaign is proposing to the Presidential Debate Commission and the Obama camp that if there's no bailout deal by Friday, the first presidential debate should take the place of the VP debate, currently scheduled for next Thursday, October 2 in St. Louis.

In this scenario, the vice presidential debate between Joe Biden and Sarah Palin would be rescheduled for a date yet to be determined, and take place in Oxford, Mississippi, currently slated to be the site of the first presidential faceoff this Friday.

Guess the "pitbull" needs a little more training.

From CNN

McCain surrogate Sen. Lindsey Graham tells CNN the McCain campaign is proposing to the Presidential Debate Commission and the Obama camp that if there's no bailout deal by Friday, the first presidential debate should take the place of the VP debate, currently scheduled for next Thursday, October 2 in St. Louis.

In this scenario, the vice presidential debate between Joe Biden and Sarah Palin would be rescheduled for a date yet to be determined, and take place in Oxford, Mississippi, currently slated to be the site of the first presidential faceoff this Friday.

Guess the "pitbull" needs a little more training.

Jesus, can they be any more transparent???

I saw some of her interview with Katie Couric on the news tonite. Man, she's is rough around the edges. No wonder McCain doesn't want her talking to people. I would have loved to be surprised and have her be eloquent and funny and wry, but she isn't. She's dumb.

I saw some of her interview with Katie Couric on the news tonite. Man, she's is rough around the edges. No wonder McCain doesn't want her talking to people. I would have loved to be surprised and have her be eloquent and funny and wry, but she isn't. She's dumb.

Crap, was that tonight? I missed it.

I saw Sen. Lieberman standing behind Sen. McCain the other day when he was making a speech in PA - the dude was smiling and laughing every time Sen. McCain made a crack about Sen. Obama - pretty messed up deal.

Conn. Democrats delay plan to censure Lieberman

By SUSAN HAIGH, Associated Press Writer 14 minutes ago

HARTFORD, Conn. - Connecticut Democrats, angry that Sen. Joe Lieberman is campaigning for the Republican presidential candidate and criticizing his own party's nominee, agreed Wednesday to circulate a resolution to censure the veteran politician but won't consider acting on it until after Election Day.

The state party's central committee Wednesday voted to send copies of the resolution to every Democratic town committee in the state. The resolution condemns Lieberman for speaking at the Republicans' convention and backing John McCain.

Party officials say the group plans to get input from the town officials and revisit the issue in December.

"If you have someone who says they're a Democrat, who is registered as a Democrat and is a national figure supporting a candidate who is opposed to all the ideals and beliefs and positions that we hold as Democrats, he's diluting, in my opinion, the meaning of our party," said Audrey Blondin, a 30-year party veteran, before the meeting.

Lieberman was re-elected to the Senate as an independent after losing the Democratic primary in 2006 to businessman Ned Lamont. While he calls himself an "independent Democrat" in the Senate, he remains a registered Democrat and has said he has no plans to change his party affiliation.

Lieberman was the Democratic nominee for vice president in 2000 and ran for the party's presidential nomination in 2004.

Lieberman and independent Sen. Bernie Sanders of Vermont have been caucusing with Democrats in Washington, giving the party control of the Senate with what is effectively a 51-49 majority

She

What the plan needs is a zippy name, like Operation Iraqi Freedom, and Shock And Awe.

How about Operation Coverourassets? Sucker Shakedown?

Wait, that's it? We're facing the biggest financial crisis since the Great Depression, and W explains it all in 14 minutes?

And the networks cut straight to America's Got Talent and David Blaine?

We're doomed.

What the plan needs is a zippy name, like Operation Iraqi Freedom, and Shock And Awe.

How about Operation Coverourassets? Sucker Shakedown?

Wait, that's it? We're facing the biggest financial crisis since the Great Depression, and W explains it all in 14 minutes?

And the networks cut straight to America's Got Talent and David Blaine?

We're doomed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eR3KwODDzeY

Tom Kise

Regional Communications Director - South Central Region

John McCain '08

Email: tkise@mccain08hq.com

Cell: (303) 885-8915

Direct Dial: (303) 952-4696

Press Office: (703) 650-5550

TALKING POINTS: SUSPENDING THE CAMPAIGN

Topline Messaging:

Here is my problem.

Ever since I took administrative law in law school, I'm convinced that every federal agency (fourth branch of government) that is generated seems to have as its primary goal self-sustainment.

It scares me that any candidate wants to generate more federal programs to help us out (I certainly include bush in this arena)

If a democrat would truly come out for specific reduction in federal agencies/commissions, it would make it so much easier to vote for the democratic ticket.

And with that, I take off my pants and leave it to the thread sharks to take dead aim and commence the chafing

Here is my problem.

Ever since I took administrative law in law school, I'm convinced that every federal agency (fourth branch of government) that is generated seems to have as its primary goal self-sustainment.

It scares me that any candidate wants to generate more federal programs to help us out (I certainly include bush in this arena)

If a democrat would truly come out for specific reduction in federal agencies/commissions, it would make it so much easier to vote for the democratic ticket.

And with that, I take off my pants and leave it to the thread sharks to take dead aim and commence the chafing

Son, that's just not how things are done 'round these parts (In best bourbon-soaked southern drawl).

Of course, every weapons program sold to Congress aims to get at least one part built in every congressional district - so that everybody has a stake in keeping it alive.

I hope you all just saw Letterman. He was on fire folks. I've never seen such a brutal drubbing of McSame.

I hope you all just saw Letterman. He was on fire folks. I've never seen such a brutal drubbing of McSame.

missed it, damn. i'll check (cbs?)

in the morn. ?