The like, newest new election thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree with palin on several fundamental issues, and still reserve my vote, but the way that some of you have already attacked her performance makes me realize I have no place in this thread

At least have the courtesy to change the title of the thread, because this is a load of horseshit.

This is not an open thread about the campaign, it is a massacre.

Say what you will about Palin, but when that fleet of Putin heads flies into our airspace, all of y'all will regret voting for O'Biden.

point taken.

I disagree with palin on several fundamental issues, and still reserve my vote, but the way that some of you have already attacked her performance makes me realize I have no place in this thread

At least have the courtesy to change the title of the thread, because this is a load of horseshit.

This is not an open thread about the campaign, it is a massacre.

I disagree ... we've kept these threads running fairly smoothly despite extreme disagreement between the participants. But still, it must suck to have the minority opinion. :rolleyes If you don't see the problem with her, no one's gonna change your mind.

I disagree ... we've kept these threads running fairly smoothly despite extreme disagreement between the participants. But still, it must suck to have the minority opinion. :rolleyes If you don't see the problem with her, no one's gonna change your mind.

How dare you? I have already stated that I have reserved my vote and that palin has positions I can't agree with. Don't talk to me like I'm a fucking idiot. Use your rolling eyes icons all you want, all I asked for is a reasonable conversation about THIS debate. But I'm apparently too stupid to have an opinion on the subject

Don't placate me. I would think as a moderator you would choose a higher ground.

I would like to know what a Bosniac is. Like a Sleestak?

Tracy's a moderator?! :w00t

My apologies if that is not the case. I still think this thread would benefit from more than one point of view. What I find hysterical is that I am not even committed to a mccain vote. I'm just as likely to sway in obama's direction

I do think Palin did better than I expected her to do. I don't seem to recall any major faux pas or anything like that other than her calling him Senator O'Biden and I thought she could have done without the shout outs.

I was pretty impressed with Biden too. He didn't seem to lose his head or put his foot in his mouth that I can recall. I don't know if he planned to get choked up talking about his family, but it sure got me.

I had a two year old in the room fighting to watch Blue's Clues, so my attention wasn't totally on the debate.

My apologies if that is not the case. I still think this thread would benefit from more than one point of view. What I find hysterical is that I am not even committed to a mccain vote. I'm just as likely to sway in obama's direction

Has anyone in this thread prevented you from expressing your point of view? I haven't kept up with this one, but the other election threads have had plenty of discussion between Obama supporters, McCain supporters, and those who think the whole 2-party system is fucked up...

Has anyone in this thread prevented you from expressing your point of view? I haven't kept up with this one, but the other election threads have had plenty of discussion between Obama supporters, McCain supporters, and those who think the whole 2-party system is fucked up...

that's not the issue. It was the direct implication that if I can't see what's wrong with palin then no one can help me. I already have my own problems with palin, as I've clearly stated. But I don't deserve to be talked down to because I simply want to hear a fair exchange on tonight's performances.

You're the one who said it was horseshit that people here share their viewpoint, that it was a massacre. If you have something to add in her defense, or anything at all about the elction, go ahead.

:pirate bloodless coup!

This is sort of off topic, but still kind of funny.

I was at the taping of NPR's "Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me" today, and it was taped during the vice-presidential debate but it airs on saturday, so they want to make it seem like we knew what happened at the debate. At any rate, some of their writers had been watching the debate in the back room and at the end of the show, they retaped some of the segments with (Sarah Palin) quotes and humorous thoughts on the debate.

Actually I referred to the title of the thread being horseshit. It doesn't matter.

Sadly, the reasons why I can't vote for a palin probably mirror yours, but a damn message board will prevent that conversation from taking place.