The like, newest new election thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently saw a Bob Dole sticker. That's pretty hardcore.

You know, it would've been interesting to see what a presidency under Dole would've been like. At least the guy was funny as hell.

Could you/anyone explain to me where she wants to force 16 year olds to have rapists' babies?

I guess not.

So Palin is planning on attacking Biden tonight. This should be interesting.

Not surprising. Will be interesting to see if Biden is able to turn it around and get her on on her heels where she hasn't done too well at thinking on the fly in those interviews lately. I think the debate format will work well for her. We'll see...

So Palin is planning on attacking Biden tonight. This should be interesting.

It would be an interesting strategy, because if he defends himself or fires right back at her he will be considered a Bully by the right, and if he does nto fiire back he will be portrayed as weak.

political-pictures-barack-obama-half-breed-muslin-cloth.jpg

I tried to come up with something witty about the stupidity of the racist sign and Musin Sheets...but I got stumped

It would be an interesting strategy, because if he defends himself or fires right back at her he will be considered a Bully by the right, and if he does nto fiire back he will be portrayed as weak.

Its the only possible strategy for her. The best defense is a good offense, you know? If she gets back on the defensive and starts getting the deer in the headlights look again, she's in trouble. Her only option is to attack relentlessly and keep the ball in Biden's court.

I guess not.

about an hour ago i saw a clip of couric walking with palin and asking her about her rapist-abortion policies/beliefs. couric kept asking if palin would want abortion denied to middle-teen-age rape victims. palin refused to answer the question, which was asked two or three times. each time, palin said only that she would "counsel" the young rape victim to choose life. it's not hard to figure out what she would push for as a hiree or electee of the federal government.

Or just laziness.

:lol yes, but dole used to be very witty, even though i couldn't stand his views. his wit did help me to tolerate election seasons.

So what you guys think about this 700 billion bailout?

Bernie Sanders speaks for me. Anyone who made large gains from this mess should be made to give it to the Treasury.

Bernie Sanders speaks for me. Anyone who made large gains from this mess should be made to give it to the Treasury.

amen and right on, viatroy! :wub

:lol yes, but dole used to be very witty, even though i couldn't stand his views. his wit did help me to tolerate election seasons.

What is the acceptable time frame to leave out-of-date political stickers on your car? I would think that if you had a Kerry/Edwards sticker on your car, it should have come off no later than November 30, 2004 (a one-month grace period).

Furthermore, anyone that has W The President stickers should take those off by February 1 of next year. Only 11 days since there is plenty of advance warning.

Ah yes...I remember those glorious days when SNL had the talent to make their political skits funny.

(I apologize in advance if this starts another firestorm of SNL rants...we have another thread for that)

I should have put that in other thread - my bad.

I think that solution is somewhat ok. We should tax the rich more in general and thats what Obama is saying in his campaign. I agree.

When it comes to the bailout specifically, you cant lump all the rich people together and say they were the only ones responsible. Also is that 10% surplass tax add up around $700 billiion? I just think people need to pay for their irresponsibilities themselves.

One thing I know is I dont want that bill to pass. I would like to see more time given to see what the market does. Lets let the market fix itself. Less government the better.

about an hour ago i saw a clip of couric walking with palin and asking her about her rapist-abortion policies/beliefs. couric kept asking if palin would want abortion denied to middle-teen-age rape victims. palin refused to answer the question, which was asked two or three times. each time, palin said only that she would "counsel" the young rape victim to choose life. it's not hard to figure out what she would push for as a hiree or electee of the federal government.

If Palin supplants McCain and pushes her oppressive agenda forcing the overturn of Roe V. Wade (forcing rape victims to bear unwanted babies) thus making the Executive Branch the most powerful branch of government, I will eat my Skechers in public, video tape it and send you a link to the YouTube post.

Well, Obama pulled out of Georgia (and/or one of the Dakotas?) a couple weeks ago. Both campaigns both have to be realistic at this point.

Must have been one of the Dakotas - plenty of Obama ads running in Georgia. According a report on Georgia NPR a couple of days ago McCain's lead is down to 50% in GA (and falling). My vote might actually mean something this year.