The like, newest new election thread

i'm no lawyer either, but can name at minimum 5-10 big surpreme court cases...

In all fairness, Couric asked which ones she disagreed with. If I were answering, it would be Gore V. Bush (2001) but hey, that's just me.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Kyle, I just saw that. This illustrated perfectly what Biden's strategy should be tomorrow -- answer the questions as well as he can, engage directly with Palin as little as possible while being a gentleman (but not condescending), and then get the hell out of dodge.

I didn't have to to know that it allowed me to walk into an abortion clinic if I wanted to. One that was clean, safe and best of all, legal.

Let me clarify: I am in no way opposed to a woman's right to choose. I was honestly just curious how many of you has actually read the opinion. It was a harmless question.

Let me clarify: I am in no way opposed to a woman's right to choose. I was honestly just curious how many of you has actually read the opinion. It was a harmless question.

Maybe the baiting thing? I've never read it. Do you have a significant idea to share? How long is it? I noticed the bail in/out has gone from 3 pages to 400 or so.

CBS reports on ongoing voter purges.

FINALLY the mainstream media reports on this "little known" (my ass) problem of illegal purging of voters

going on in 19 states. Federal law prohibits purging registration lists within 90 days of the election. Let's hope Obama's lead holds, because if not, this is the issue that may make or break the election. Again.

Regarding tonight's "bailout" legislation: a resounding 74-25 yea. From what I gather this "new" bill is actually worse than the one that failed in the House - it's now laden with sweeteners that the Senate republicans found appealing enough to make this thing look like a truly bipartisan bill.

After the vote some of the boys went on the tube. They seemed a bit too self-congratulatory for me. It was a bit surreal to see Dodd and Gregg praising each other, but this was a hard sell to both the people and the House that this thing is absolutely necessary. We shall see if public opinion and the House reps are swayed by these shenanigans.

And - God Bless Mr. Bernie Sanders. His words (in support of his amendment) resonated deeply with me. He (imo) is truly a man of the people, and you folks in VT are very lucky to have such a man looking out for you. He voted nay, btw.

RULES OF THE SARAH PALIN VICE PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE DRINKING GAME30dcio0.gif

Take a chug of Moosehead beer whenever Sarah Palin says the following:

maverick

reformer

any sentence including the words "neighbor" and "Russia"

small-town values

Gwen or Joe (remember how many times Palin said "Charlie" during the Gibson interview?)

off shore oil drilling

Alaska

"Thanks but no thanks!"

witchcraft (not likely...but hey, you never know, especially if Kathleen Parker's name should pop up)

Take two chugs of Moosehead whenever Sarah Palin does the following:

Utters a coherent sentence (i.e. contains a subject and a verb and makes logical sense)

Talks about her new friend Henry Kissinger or Hamid Karzai

Explains how being the part-time mayor of Wasilla, Alaska with a full-time city manager counts as executive experience

Chug a whole bottle of Moosehead if Sarah Palin mentions the following:

Palin Presidency

On second thought, make that two bottles of Moosehead.

I KNEW I should have taken Thursday off. Oh well, screw it, I'll tape the sucker and practice the game after the fact - late night drinkin'.

CNN: Palin has never seen Russia from Alaska

Just when you thought the whole "I can see Russia from Alaska" thing couldn't get any funnier...CNN's Gary Tuchman delivers the goods: it turns out that Sarah Palin has never seen Russia from Alaska.

Tuchman went up to the part of Alaska from which you can actually see Russia, a remote island called Little Diomede located just 2.4 miles from it's Russian twin, Big Diomede.

It turns out Gary Tuchman's trip to Little Diomede sets him apart from Sarah Palin - because she's never actually been there, nor has she set eyes on its neighbor in Russia.

Tuchman says that only 150 people live on Little Diomede, and that the town of Diomede has no streets and no cars. The poverty rate is over 40%, there is no television, and the only practical way to reach it is by helicopter. Anchorage (near Palin's hometown) is 550 miles away.

No Alaskan governor has ever visited Little Diomede, though indicted U.S. Senator Ted Stevens has made the trip. The town's residents barely knew who Palin was, and one of them didn't know she was the VP nominee.

It's going to be fun watching McCain-land spin this one, and it's going to be even more fun watching Tina Fey parody it.

RULES OF THE SARAH PALIN VICE PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE DRINKING GAME30dcio0.gif

Take a chug of Moosehead beer whenever Sarah Palin says the following:

maverick

reformer

any sentence including the words "neighbor" and "Russia"

small-town values

Gwen or Joe (remember how many times Palin said "Charlie" during the Gibson interview?)

off shore oil drilling

Alaska

"Thanks but no thanks!"

witchcraft (not likely...but hey, you never know, especially if Kathleen Parker's name should pop up)

Take two chugs of Moosehead whenever Sarah Palin does the following:

Utters a coherent sentence (i.e. contains a subject and a verb and makes logical sense)

Talks about her new friend Henry Kissinger or Hamid Karzai

Explains how being the part-time mayor of Wasilla, Alaska with a full-time city manager counts as executive experience

Chug a whole bottle of Moosehead if Sarah Palin mentions the following:

Palin Presidency

On second thought, make that two bottles of Moosehead.

Well, I sure hope by the end of the evening I'm drunk as a well marinated moose turd pie

Really though, this is Biden's to lose, based on all the low expections for Palin. He is capable of a slam dunk, but please Joe, keep your answers concise and to the point, because I know you are a very intelligent man. Close the deal tomorrow.

Really though, this is Biden's to lose, based on all the low expections for Palin. He is capable of a slam dunk, but please Joe, keep your answers concise and to the point, because I know you are a very intelligent man. Close the deal tomorrow.

He knows the game! I think a great strategy would be to pass mad gas making Palin's face look scrunched up & funny. Make her appear to be defensive and mean looking. That's what Obama did.

:cheers I've said this here before many times (probably too many :stunned ) but I couldn't be happier that Joe is Barack's VP.

McCain Palin ticket is going down.....this thing could end up being far stronger for Obama than anyone knows.

Of course all those folks out there who have no idea why to vote for Obama, well what the fuck, let it ride and see what happens.

Having a change of heart bobob??

LouieB

I've never liked her. And it's looking more and more likely that I can vote for whoever I want and Obama will win Florida anyways, so I won't have to hear the bitching from you guys for not voting for him and blah blah blah I need to go to sleep.

just saw a clip of the gubernatorial debate she was in and joe needs to watch that to know what not to say.

He's seen it, I'm sure. Hell, I watched it a month ago on C-SPAN. Biden's had to have seen it.

In all fairness, Couric asked which ones she disagreed with. If I were answering, it would be Gore V. Bush (2001) but hey, that's just me.

And isn't a major bone with the right that they complain about the SC legislating fromt he bench? Seemes like given their hostility towards the bench that she shoudl have had a laundry list of cases, or is it just Roe?

I'm just curious

Has any of you ever read the roe v wade opinion?

I've read it. It's convoluted, but it does nto babble on and produce a decision out of thin air, there is a rhyme and reason to it.

just saw a clip of the gubernatorial debate she was in and joe needs to watch that to know what not to say.

I really hate her. The more I see, the more I hate her.

But put that debate in context, how long did she have to prepare an dhow long had she been discussing local issues? FThe VP debate will be vastly different especially since there are two sides to the coin, and it appears that Palin is not yet familiar with her side of it yet.

He's seen it, I'm sure. Hell, I watched it a month ago on C-SPAN. Biden's had to have seen it.

Was that the one where the moderator asked her if she was elected governor, what jobs would she give to her opponents and she said chef for one of the guys? If that's the one then I saw part of it last night on Rachel Maddow.