The like, newest new election thread

I've never liked her. And it's looking more and more likely that I can vote for whoever I want and Obama will win Florida anyways, so I won't have to hear the bitching from you guys for not voting for him and blah blah blah I need to go to sleep.

Sorry bobob....taking this vote for granted is a fools game. We saw what happened in FLA in 2000 (and the vote in Ohio in 2004) and it wasn't pretty. Every vote counts unless you WANT a President Palin. And maybe you do, since I honestly can't figure out what you do want.

LouieB

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never liked her. And it's looking more and more likely that I can vote for whoever I want and Obama will win Florida anyways, so I won't have to hear the bitching from you guys for not voting for him and blah blah blah I need to go to sleep.

Why do you even care what a bunch of people on a message board think? Vote for whom you think is most qualified and leave it at that. It's your vote and noone can tell you you're right or wrong.

Why do you even care what a bunch of people on a message board think? Vote for whom you think is most qualified and leave it at that. It's your vote and noone can tell you you're right or wrong.
Here we go again for the umteenth time...

This is true, but a vote for anyone BUT Obama is only going help get us a President Palin (who will happen to be a "gun toting homophobic jesus freak"*); something to think seriously about. Ultimately everyone has to do what they want and need to do (get us a facist president... in my humble opinion), but really why throw away a vote this year when we can throw out the Bushies and the rest of the right wing fanatics (at least from the White House). Go for it if you must, but know that the math isn't on your side.

LouieB

*a direct quote from this persons profile.....something she claims to hate...

Here we go again for the umteenth time...

This is true, but a vote for anyone BUT Obama is only going help get us a President Palin (who will happen to be a "gun toting homophobic jesus freak"*); something to think seriously about. Ultimately everyone has to do what they want and need to do (get us a facist president... in my humble opinion), but really why throw away a vote this year when we can throw out the Bushies and the rest of the right wing fanatics (at least from the White House). Go for it if you must, but know that the math isn't on your side.

LouieB

*a direct quote from this persons profile.....something she claims to hate...

Yes and that's why I will vote for Obama. But I'm not going to sit here on a message board and berate someone else for not voting the way he wants to. I will discuss why I don't like the opposition or why I don't think Palin is qualified, but ultimately its Bobbob's vote, his choice. We can disagree on that I suppose because I don't have anything futher to say on the matter.

McCain Palin ticket is going down.....this thing could end up being far stronger for Obama than anyone knows.

I like the optimism--I'm not quite so confident about the outcome yet, but things are looking good for Obama at the moment.

Tonight will be interesting. VP debates don't usually amount to all that much, but this one tonight feels like a tipping point in this race. This race could effectively end tonight with a Palin trainwreck or it could suddenly get very interesting again. We've had a couple solid weeks of good laughs at Palin's expense, but there is still an opportunity there for her...and the ridiculously low expectations for her going into this can only work in her favor. A front page headline in the Columbus Dispatch today reads "Palin Has a Chance to Shine Tonight". That's the media narrative right now in the swing states--they're still competitive and there still remains an opening for Palin to rescue her image if she does well tonight.(doing "well" for her, at this point, just means avoiding any major calamity like accidentally shooting someone in the face with a moose rifle)

I haven't seen anything to suggest she's ready for this, but you never know how semi-competence can be spun into a "win". Unlike the interviews where she looked cornered and defenseless, tonight she'll at least have Biden standing there as a target to deflect whatever comes her way onto--and that I don't put past her.

CNN:Palin has never seen Russia from Alsaka

Just when you thought the whole "I can see Russia from Alaska" thing couldn't get any funnier...CNN's Gary Tuchman delivers the goods: it turns out that Sarah Palin has never seen Russia from Alaska.

Tuchman went up to the part of Alaska from which you can actually see Russia, a remote island called Little Diomede located just 2.4 miles from it's Russian twin, Big Diomede.

It turns out Gary Tuchman's trip to Little Diomede sets him apart from Sarah Palin - because she's never actually been there, nor has she set eyes on its neighbor in Russia.

Tuchman says that only 150 people live on Little Diomede, and that the town of Diomede has no streets and no cars. The poverty rate is over 40%, there is no television, and the only practical way to reach it is by helicopter. Anchorage (near Palin's hometown) is 550 miles away.

No Alaskan governor has ever visited Little Diomede, though indicted U.S. Senator Ted Stevens has made the trip. The town's residents barely knew who Palin was, and one of them didn't know she was the VP nominee.

It's going to be fun watching McCain-land spin this one, and it's going to be even more fun watching Tina Fey parody it.

It's just my opinion; much like the ones everyone else has here, except mine isn't of the popular sort. This election has been off the rails for months and has been one distraction after another. Despite the best of debates set forth on this forum, I'm afraid this will fall to being a popularity contest for most Americans. I just think that when it comes to pulling the lever the McCain/Palin ticket will, at the end of the day, snag more of the type of voters who aren't exactly passionate about finding out every aspect of the candidates and are sold on a couple of sound bites or talking points. Change sounds good but for the majority of the population change is scarier than anything really. You know comfort zones and all that.

I don't think people really appreciate this possibility or give it nearly enough credence.

So you all keep musing over how stupid Palin is or how McCain is going to die in office and I'll watch as the Republicans present another hack for President and watch him win.

Change sounds good but for the majority of the population change is scarier than anything really. You know comfort zones and all that.

there is a lot of truth to that, and it's one reason why, no matter how the polls move and the debates go, i will basically be a nervous wreck right up to the election.

It's just my opinion; much like the ones everyone else has here, except mine isn't of the popular sort. This election has been off the rails for months and has been one distraction after another. Despite the best of debates set forth on this forum, I'm afraid this will fall to being a popularity contest for most Americans. I just think that when it comes to pulling the lever the McCain/Palin ticket will, at the end of the day, snag more of the type of voters who aren't exactly passionate about finding out every aspect of the candidates and are sold on a couple of sound bites or talking points. Change sounds good but for the majority of the population change is scarier than anything really. You know comfort zones and all that.

I don't think people really appreciate this possibility or give it nearly enough credence.

So you all keep musing over how stupid Palin is or how McCain is going to die in office and I'll watch as the Republicans present another hack for President and watch him win.

Well, Obama is leading in the favorable/unfavorable ratings even more than he is in the polls. So if it's a popularity contest, then he should do well. I don't really see anything as inevitable in this election. It's still quite close, based on historical standards, and then there's the Bradley/Wilder effect (if it still exists).

It's safe to say we were all witness to Bush "winning" 8 years, anythings possible. I'm more than aware of the ucertainty. Good to see your so comfortable with another 4-8 years of total crap.

And, this election has been off the rails for months because of the ridiculous words and actions from McCain/Palin. Obama & Biden have stuck to the issues that matter, while M/P have tossed out lie after lie with crazy desperate behavior. I watch them all on the campaign trail, Obama has continued the same great character he has always had. M/P say whatever they want wheter it's true, makes sense, or matters.Their only game is smearing O.