The like, newest new election thread

If Palin supplants McCain and pushes her oppressive agenda forcing the overturn of Roe V. Wade (forcing rape victims to bear unwanted babies) thus making the Executive Branch the most powerful branch of government, I will eat my Skechers in public, video tape it and send you a link to the YouTube post.

you wear skechers?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

very cool. WV union coal miners shut down a mine when they refused to work, protesting an NRA crew coming to the site to film an anti-Obama ad.

440 Blacksville miners protest NRA

Biden debate training courtesy of the geniuses at 236:

http://www.236.com/news/2008/10/01/debate_...ns_w_1_9211.php

:rotfl

:lol

Hey. I understand many people's instinctive revulsion to the bailout plan, but the tightening of credit has already played a role in killing my paper and may end up with payroll at my hapless company not being made one week. I am sure we are not the only company in this boat, so before you all take too much pleasure in the "demise" of Wall Street fat cats, keep in mind that a non-bailed-out financial system will hurt us, regular working people, a lot more than it hurts them.

Hey. I understand many people's instinctive revulsion to the bailout plan, but the tightening of credit has already played a role in killing my paper and may end up with payroll at my hapless company not being made one week. I am sure we are not the only company in this boat, so before you all take too much pleasure in the "demise" of Wall Street fat cats, keep in mind that a non-bailed-out financial system will hurt us, regular working people, a lot more than it hurts them.

I understand that. I've been jobhunting now for 8 times longer than I've ever had to. My problem is they've known this was lurking for what, two years? Plenty of time to have dealt with in a more considered and substantive way, rather than springing it on us and saying YOU MUST DO THIS NOW! I'm sure Bush was hoping it would hold together til he left.

not so much

that's one sexy avatar, btw

You had me worried for a minute there. I assumed that Ralph would be backing McCain, but it is good to see him break with the usual right wing country music establishment and support Barak instead; Good going for a true legend. They should drag him along on the Springsteen tour; bring a touch of authenticity to the affair.

LouieB

Jon Stewart was fairly on fire last night talking to Peggy Noonan about how disappointed he was with the campaigns of both candidates. Along the lines of "Why do they talk to us as if we're five years old?"
Because most voters ACT like they are five years old.....

LouieB