The like, newest new election thread

kinda like you

Shouldn't you be calling me a fuck head or something.

Anyways, I haven't gotten to watch it and from what I'm reading, it's probably not worth the two hours of my time. The reaction on the conservative leaning board has been surprisingly positive for Biden as well as Palin. I think most people can see through the "aw shucks, small town" crap she's spewing.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shouldn't you be calling me a fuck head or something.

Anyways, I haven't gotten to watch it and from what I'm reading, it's probably not worth the two hours of my time. The reaction on the conservative leaning board has been surprisingly positive for Biden as well as Palin. I think most people can see through the "aw shucks, small town" crap she's spewing.

I don't think your a fuck head BB. Really, she was sweet talking points with lipstick @ best. Intelligent peeps see thru her BS. She's a great hunter in the fine art of the nonanswer, the glitterly and sparkilly generality. The nothing taking over like the Never Ending Story

11a95vo.jpg

Who wants to come over & play Monopoly tomorrow night?

I've heard before that you two are actually friends & that you are merely "poking fun" at one another, but let's face it, that's not how it reads to the rest of the board. So either stop or take it to pm's, ok?

We're trying to keep this election discussion civil, remember?

I've heard before that you two are actually friends & that you are merely "poking fun" at one another, but let's face it, that's not how it reads to the rest of the board. So either stop or take it to pm's, ok?

We're trying to keep this election discussion civil, remember?

Huh? I don't see myself calling BB names? What are you talking about?

I was just pointing out that FHF just called JUDE out for posting more than two sentences, when 90% of his posts require 2 Life cereal Proof of Purchase labels and 6-8 weeks delivery time to decode.

I was just pointing out that FHF just called JUDE out for posting more than two sentences, when 90% of his posts require 2 Life cereal Proof of Purchase labels and 6-8 weeks delivery time to decode.

Okay, so where was I attacking you..huh Kidsmoke? And, very funny BB..I totally get it cause I live with the dude. But, hay and hey, he's drunk in Chicago via a convention for higher education..give him a decoder break. Baseball or something..

Edit from kidsmoke: I never felt personally attacked by you, party. Or stated so.

I just think maybe the guy should steer clear of election threads when he's drinking. Didn't anyone ever tell him that you never discuss religion or politics when drinking?

Also, I would say publicly calling out a mod is not a good idea. Just let it die.

I just think maybe the guy should steer clear of election threads when he's drinking. Didn't anyone ever tell him that you never discuss religion or politics when drinking?

Also, I would say publicly calling out a mod is not a good idea. Just let it die.

Anyone crying foul when it does not exist..should go to bed. Not talking about you BB..

Nice post, Eric. Especially that last sentence.

Here's my take, for what it's worth: Palin did ok, she was successful in one area - she didn't totally flop out, so those in the republican base who were getting squeamish about her are probably placated now. For me the "aw-shucks" demeanor grew old real quick. As did the retreating to talking points instead of just answering the question. Solid B.

Biden: please tell me if anyone here doesn't think that Barack made a good choice for his VP pick. As Donna said, he came across as smart and dignified. I think he did nearly everything the Obama camp would've hoped for. The difference was really striking - Biden IS ready to be President, Palin is not. A- for Senator Joe.

The tone between the two was much better than the Obama/McCain debate at least. If Joe had adopted the arrogant, condescending tone that McCain employed at times it would have been a disaster for him. Joe did his homework folks. I'm proud of him tonight.

I'm glad this is over. It's not going to be a bounce for either campaign, because they both handled it well. For most of us, it will make no difference. Biden was always my presidential (sic) pick, and he did very well tonight. Palin was good at her schlock, I just don't happen to agree with her or think she's very educated in ways that governing the whole US demand. The bar isn't very high anymore though after W. I'm sure people were lapping it up.

Joe, what ever happens, you are a good man and the best vp pick in many years. :worship

Good Christ, could my suggestion have been any milder? It sounded like some "fun poking" was beginning, and before it went further, I suggested you consider how these fun-poking posts read to other VC members, especially since you two have "fun-poked" before & it resulted in misunderstandings.

Let it go, and let's nobody go bandying about terms like "fuckface" which are not clearly in jest to the rest of our membership. This is a friendly, all-ages board.

And you're welcome. I'm happy to do whatever I can to keep VC the pleasant place we're proud of. :thumbup

Just my thoughts, but Palin made it damn clear how close to Bush she and M are. Way to talk without saying much, but you're so totally playing in Bush's backyard with your McCain pom poms Palin.

She couldn't identify a single area where she or John McCain would change George W. Bush's economic or foreign policy positions.

I like and respect you both (bobbob and fathead) quite a bit, so I

"fun poking" makes me laugh like a middle school boy with acne and a teacher jones.

Wow, Jude, more than 2 sentences. Shitfire.

Yes, we will continue to revel in Fred Thompson firebacks. Losers complain. Losers complained when Kerry lost. It is your turn to lose.

I'll take a page out of you book (although I'm quite sober) and reply 8 hours after the fact.

I didn't see you actually respond to anything I said so let me clarify a bit. I don't really feel the need to post long diatribes because for the most part they fall upon deaf ears. As of late these threads seem to be for piling up on whatever Republican, conservative or neocon is the villain of the week, for example Governor Palin. While many of these concerns are well founded, a greater percentage of these posts serve as nothing more than a group of like minded individuals hi-fiving each other and patting each others respective backs for sticking it to the man. I don't see this being very productive.

I'm not going to read through the last ten pages of infighting and what not but here is my take.

Palin did much better here than she has done on her interviews. However...she was very repetetive and seemed to frequently give answers totally unrelated to the question like she had something she wanted to say and said it regardless of the question asked. I think the right wing cries of foul regarding Ifill as moderator worked as Ifill did not seem to ask any followup questions that I could discern. And the lack of follow up questions favord Palin especially when she gave answers that did not relate to the questions.

Palin admonished Biden for focusing on the past when he was tieing Bush to McCain, except once the question was about the Bush adminsitration, so they were specifically asked to comment on the past. And of course the dems are running on the premise that change is needed and they have to highlight the past and how McCain is tied to it. But that aside, nearly every answer involves the past when discussing voting records etc... But I found it funny her admonishments because she herself invoked Reagan more than once during the show.

One thing Biden missed out on was when Palin talks about the McCain plan and lowering taxes to spur the economy, and it would probably be politcal suicide to do so, but Biden could have pointed out that what McCain and the republicans are proposing is more of the same and that it has not worked well up till now, so why keep pushing a failed strategy.

I was actually quite impressed with Palin. I thought Biden was going to blow her out of the water, but she new the facts, she was sharp, and had some great things to say. I don't think there was a clear winner, Biden had some good things to say as well, although him saying that "it's a fact that Global Warming is all man made" was pretty ridiculous.

But again, I liked Palin.. And I'm not as scared as I used to be about her potentially being one heart beat away from the president.

Two things that made me chuckle.

Biden calling the people of Bosnia Bosniacs

Palin Calling Biden O'Biden.

These things happend fairly close to each other in the first third of the debate.

Also it seems to me that Palin and the punditry are setting up their next candidate for the next election...Patreaus.

As of late these threads seem to be for piling up on whatever Republican, conservative or neocon is the villain of the week, for example Governor Palin. While many of these concerns are well founded, a greater percentage of these posts serve as nothing more than a group of like minded individuals hi-fiving each other and patting each others respective backs for sticking it to the man. I don't see this being very productive.

Can you hop down off the soapbox for a second? I respect a number of people that support both sides...in VC and outside of it. On top of that, there are a NUMBER of people that I actually would prefer not to be on the same side of an issue...in VC and outside of it. No hi-fiving that I can see. What I am having difficulty understanding from the GOP side is what would change, what people like about them and why 4 more years would build on the 8 previous. It seems absolutely asinine to me that people on the right wouldn't demand to understand how thing would change. I liked McCain once upon a time. For the past 3 or 4 years, he has been Bush's lackey. Maverick?

I would love to understand what people voting on the right like about the choice.

But again, I liked Palin.. And I'm not as scared as I used to be about her potentially being one heart beat away from the president.

:stunned

What the hell is up with the Obama channel 24/7?....Creepy as hell. Has anyone else seen this? I'm checking to see if it's just Dish Network or what.

I imagine it's what Castro does in Cuba. They do have TVs in Cuba, right?

On another note, shouldn't O'Biden been able to do more damage than he did?

Can you hop down off the soapbox for a second? I respect a number of people that support both sides...in VC and outside of it. On top of that, there are a NUMBER of people that I actually would prefer not to be on the same side of an issue...in VC and outside of it. No hi-fiving that I can see. What I am having difficulty understanding from the GOP side is what would change, what people like about them and why 4 more years would build on the 8 previous. It seems absolutely asinine to me that people on the right wouldn't demand to understand how thing would change. I liked McCain once upon a time. For the past 3 or 4 years, he has been Bush's lackey. Maverick?

Whatever, I wasn't talking to you.

I guess I'm way off base with the majorty of the last 20 pages being about how stupid/moronic/idiotic Palin is?

How's about you get off your soap box.

Thanks. Even though at first I laughed when he said it, when I thought about it, I felt that he was probably right and I was ignorant. Now I know!