The like, newest new election thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You had me worried for a minute there. I assumed that Ralph would be backing McCain, but it is good to see him break with the usual right wing country music establishment and support Barak instead; Good going for a true legend. They should drag him along on the Springsteen tour; bring a touch of authenticity to the affair.

LouieB

I have also read that Toby Keith is supporting Sen. Obama.

Actually, Cleavon Little in Blazing Saddles is more like Obama than Cowboy Troy.

Well, I'm not voting for either of the two main candidates, but this Sarah is a slick talker. I can see how some could be swayed by her very vague answers and her constant "Its all about the American people" rhetoric. She's got a way with catchphrases.

She's not going to answer the questions from the moderator because they're not part of her fucking script - jesus fucking christ.

Yeah, that was a bit weird......

How many buzz words do you think this lady can cram into this thing?

I really wish she would just answer the questions already. This is going to get old.

she wants to talk about her record in Alaska. never mind what McCain's administration will do for the country.

I wish there was much more back and forth, because it's evident that Palin punches her self out after exhausting her talking points - if only this were a less structured format.

I was pretty sure it was going to go this way. She's extremely good at speaking to the American public in a "down home" kind of way, and she's holding her own because she has been studying this shit night and day instead of appearing in public. I think unless she makes a huge blunder this will be declared a draw.

I can't believe she said she wouldn't answer questions the way Biden or Ifell want her to. Way to set the stage in advance in case people try to point it out later on.

And yeah, "Senator OBiden". :lol

Goddamnit, it's not NUCULAR!!!!! I thought I was almost finished having to hear a moron mispronounce that word!

Remember...Jimmy Carter did it too.

I had heard somebody intimate that the pronumciation was common in Military Circles. I never heard it that much when I was growing up.

It doesn't really bother me.

I wish Joe would go ape shit on her though.

I'm not even watching this debate, but based on comments i'm reading on the interfastweb, i am going to assume that her detractors are laughing at her, as per usual, and her fans think she's polished and ready and representing quite well. I agree with Jen Peel. It will be called a draw just because she doesn't sound as stupid as she did when that brain trust Katie Couric tried to trip her up with all those complicated questions. The consensus will be that Biden and the moderator tried to make her look dumb. I suspect that as long as she doesn't suck blood from a newborn white child, she will continue to be the darling of the republican rank and file.

How close am I?

You're on it, Jen. She's done a great job of shooting off catch phrases, and I'm sure she's scoring a lot of points by saying things that lots of people agree with.

Whether she's actually answering the questions is another story...

I'm not even watching this debate, but based on comments i'm reading on the interfastweb, i am going to assume that her detractors are laughing at her, as per usual, and her fans think she's polished and ready and representing quite well. I agree with Jen Peel. It will be called a draw just because she doesn't sound as stupid as she did when that brain trust Katie Couric tried to trip her up with all those complicated questions. The consensus will be that Biden and the moderator tried to make her look dumb. I suspect that as long as she doesn't suck blood from a newborn white child, she will continue to be the darling of the republican rank and file.

How close am I?

dingdingding!

why is 'nuclear' the only word people get mocked for pronouncing with any sort of trce of dialect?

I've been making fun of her for pronouncing "blunder" as "blender", but I had to stop because I was totally craving a smoothie.