It's time for a New Election Thread

We are actually switching to the paper scantron ballots across the state after we had a mixture of touchscreen and lever booths last time around.

I felt like I was taking a high school exam when i filled those out during the primary! But also more comforted by the fact that I didn't recall ever getting a high school scantron test back that looked like I got an incorrect score.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the key difference here - ACORN brought it to the attention of election officials in the first place when they noticed the bogus registration cards, and I've heard of no evidence that they're trying to hide anything from the FBI.

Yeah! So there!

So to all of you guys crying about voter fraud and suppression, how does ACORN make you feel? Is Rove behind that?

ACORN, if they are participating in voter fraud, should be punished to the full extent allowed by law.

They don't make me feel one way or the other. I own my feelings, thank you very much.

I have no reason to believe that Rove is associated with ACORN.

Joe the Plumber has no plumbing license! McCain should suspend his campaign immediately.

Some electronic voting machines produce a paper trail. For ours (in orange county, ca), when you cast your vote a receipt is printed that you have to confirm accurately reflects your vote.

You don't get to take the receipt with you, but at least you know there's a paper record of your vote associated with the machine - so the electonic totals can be audited if necessary.

I think that sounds familiar - only here we use thin sheets of coal.

hopefully not to fix anything.

Evidently he doesn't pay his taxes, anyway.

http://bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=2060108...&refer=home

Who is this guy? Crap, now I feel like a tool for not watching the debate. I'm missing this whole big cultural moment here. Its like living through the '80s and not understanding why people keep asking "Where's the beef?"

Evidently he doesn't pay his taxes, anyway.

http://bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=2060108...&refer=home

Who is this guy? Crap, now I feel like a tool for not watching the debate. I'm missing this whole big cultural moment here. Its like living through the '80s and not understanding why people keep asking "Where's the beef?"

It

i guess you were just making a joke, but anyway, a business doesn't have to be very big at all to have an income of 250K.

It really doesn't matter. Everyone will just be working for the government in no time.

i guess you were just making a joke, but anyway, a business doesn't have to be very big at all to have an income of 250K.

it's personal income of $250k or above, that Obama's tax plan concerns, not business income.

So, if Joe the plumber pulls $250k in personal income from his own business - that's what's at issue.

No? Perhaps I'm out of my element and should shut the fuck up, Donnie.

I also wanted Obama to address the cries of "Kill him" at Palin rallies, when McCain was going on and on about how Obama has spent more money on negative ads than anyone in history. Or to bring up the Obama racist monkey thing. Really put him on the spot for things his campaign is either tacitly accepting or downright encouraging...

You do not have to worry about hearing about this sort of thing anymore. At Palin events apparently the secret service is now keeping the press at bay. Though how keeping the press away from the crowds is safeguarding the candidate I have no clue.

So to all of you guys crying about voter fraud and suppression, how does ACORN make you feel? Is Rove behind that?

Voter suppression? How so? I thought that was a republican tactic?

Voter fraud? How so? You have to actually attempt to vote under false pretenses to have voter fraud.

Voter registration fraud, now that is a different issue entirely, and I disagree with it. Now is this a concerted effort to steal an election? Or is it dip shits trying to meet quota

Whomever Joe the Plumber is, he probably wishes he'd kept his mouth shut. It cannot be a happy experience being thrust into the media eye with all the instant vetting that comes with that. Kinda like the eye of Sauron fixing upon Frodo.

Whomever Joe the Plumber is, he probably wishes he'd kept his mouth shut. It cannot be a happy experience being thrust into the media eye with all the instant vetting that comes with that. Kinda like the eye of Sauron fixing upon Frodo.

He will probably get a book deal or a reality show out of the deal.

it's personal income of $250k or above, that Obama's tax plan concerns, not business income.

So, if Joe the plumber pulls $250k in personal income from his own business - that's what's at issue.

This is true for personal income. Although, as I, and many others in similar threads, have pointed out that it is over $600k that the personal income is actually significantly more impacted by Obama's tax plan.

I can't speak to his business tax plan.

No? Perhaps I'm out of my element and should shut the fuck up, Donnie.

a lot of small businesses file as individuals and, hence, would fall under this plan. that's the issue.

a lot of small businesses file as individuals and, hence, would fall under this plan. that's the issue.

Well, maybe the legislative branch can write something in for small businesses. Obama may be the messiah, but he is not God. He's gotta get approval on Capitol Hill for much of what he wants to do.