It's time for a New Election Thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's front page on Huff Post.

Several readers in Minnesota also reported receiving the call, which could be a violation of that state's laws. Explains Shaun Dakin, CEO & Founder of the National Political Do Not Contact Registry:

"Most robocalls are supposed to have two things, "paid for by X" and a phone number of the group making the call. Most do that. Now, that being said, there are some states that have their own robocall laws and they are much stricter. Minnesota pretty much bans robocalls entirely unless they are introduced by a human voice. And that pretty much never happens because it defeats the point."

and from FL's Republican Gov:

The Associated Press

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- Florida's governor says his fellow Republicans may be exaggerating claims of voter fraud in the state.

Gov. Charlie Crist said Wednesday that he has confidence in Secretary of State Kurt Browning, who says there's only been a scattering of isolated incidents.

Crist said in the closing days of any campaign "there are some who sort of enjoy chaos." There may be more of that going on than fraud, he said.

Yesterday, a patient told me he hopes something "bad" would happen to O and today, a woman told a joke about O and dropped the N word. In a work environment that is dominated with GOP (which also is overwhelmingly caucasion), I firmly believe that fear and propaganda is bringing out the worst in people. At least that seems to be the case here.

I told the patient that I understood he didn't want Obama to be President, but as a society, we should keep our dignity no matter what happens. I simply told the woman I was dissappointed in her and left it at that.

Are we going backwards?

Yesterday, a patient told me he hopes something "bad" would happen to O and today, a woman told a joke about O and dropped the N word. In a work environment that is dominated with GOP (which also is overwhelmingly caucasion), I firmly believe that fear and propaganda is bringing out the worst in people. At least that seems to be the case here.

I told the patient that I understood he didn't want Obama to be President, but as a society, we should keep our dignity no matter what happens. I simply told the woman I was dissappointed in her and left it at that.

Are we going backwards?

You could have given her an enema or something.

Are we going backwards?

I think this election is certainly stirring the pot of ignorance and prejudice.

Going backwards? Only if you think those things were ever gone.

I think this election is certainly stirring the pot of ignorance and prejudice.

Not naive enough to think they were gone, just alarmed that what was once kept quite in my work environment is now starting to come out more and more.

I've flown through the past couple of pages, but WTF is going on with the Alfred Smith roast right now??

Obama was really funny, though I kind of feel as though perhaps a lot of it isn't really meant for the TV audience as they're not really jokes he'd make on the campaign trail.

Here it is, though I expect it to be taken off of YouTube soon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwwjPnnvK40

Obama was really funny, though I kind of feel as though perhaps a lot of it isn't really meant for the TV audience as they're not really jokes he'd make on the campaign trail.

Here it is, though I expect it to be taken off of YouTube soon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwwjPnnvK40

Thanks! That was some pretty funny stuff. Barack has good comic timing. :lol

I've flown through the past couple of pages, but WTF is going on with the Alfred Smith roast right now??

I thought this was a nice respite from the seriousness of the campaign trail. Both guys delivered some lines (both directed at the opponent and theirselves) that I thought were pretty funny. McCain's line directed at HRC regarding Bill campaigning for Barack was hilarious.

In other news - McCain on Letterman tonight - very interesting. Dave was just not gonna let McCain off the hook and let John's natural charisma dominate the interview. I think John was a bit taken aback. Certainly this was not the usual 'puff piece' style of entertainment show interview. Well done, Dave.

I was actually trying to convince a friend the other day that he had a VERY naive way of thinking because he was trying to tell me that things aren't as bad as they were in the 60's. That we've made so many strides etc. I'm glad HE thinks that way but it's just not reality.

EDIT: I'm not saying it's as bad, btw, just it could be A LOT better.

Is McCain's speech online? I didn't see it.

I don't know. Hopefully so. I was watching it on teh CNN - with commentary afterwards by the esteemed Bill Maher. :P

Certainly this was not the usual 'puff piece' style of entertainment show interview.

John should've realized Dave reserves those interviews for people with whom he agrees.

It has nothing to do with agreement or disagreement. He does those puff interviews with 95% of people he interviews. It has to do with a personal slight.

Every conservative I've seen on his show has gotten the non-puff interview. Have they all personally slighted Letterman?