New album news!

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I saw it to. I think the people at Wilco world are bored and need more time on their hands, because playing cruel jokes on us like this, not only highlights how lame we are for noticing these things but secondly toys with are already sensitive emotional grounding.

Maybe they have had some problem updating the web and reverted it to an old version for a short period of time.. It makes sense to me.

This is what I thought. I'm not too worried about it. I just want a track sequence that works. If this tune doesn't make the album we will still hear the studio version as a b-side or something.

Regardless of where Dark Neon appears, I have a feeling it will be accessible in some way. This record, after all of this news, is really starting to sound fascinating. It sounds like it does have the tradition/pastoral Americana feel mixed with the awesome instrumental layering that only the studio can create. It sounds fascinating... even apart from being a Wilco fan, it just seems like this is an interesting record to any party.

:dontgetit I like it.

Agreed... and for the skeptics, keep in mind that this (correct me if I'm wrong) was with Seven Worlds collide. The full band was not there... and Nels Cline was not present... think about it.... plus with the studio layering that seems to be shaping up with the rest of the songs.... i guess you never know... ha.

Regardless of where Dark Neon appears, I have a feeling it will be accessible in some way. This record, after all of this news, is really starting to sound fascinating. It sounds like it does have the tradition/pastoral Americana feel mixed with the awesome instrumental layering that only the studio can create. It sounds fascinating... even apart from being a Wilco fan, it just seems like this is an interesting record to any party.

i agree. i haven't heard any of the new songs minus Wilco The Song, so i'm anxiously looking forward to it.

I think it is weird that there is no offical date of release or artwork. It is two months away!! I already had Sky Blue Sky 2 months before it came out and they were streaming it on their site 2 months before release. Also on this tour they only played 2 new songs once? The tour before sky blue sky they played" Walken", and "Impossible Germany" every night? Some times" lets Not Get Carried Away"? Does anyone else think they are trying to keep this under wraps? A very strange move for Wilco!!!

I think it is weird that there is no offical date of release or artwork. It is two months away!! I already had Sky Blue Sky 2 months before it came out and they were streaming it on their site 2 months before release. Also on this tour they only played 2 new songs once? The tour before sky blue sky they played" Walken", and "Impossible Germany" every night? Some times" lets Not Get Carried Away"? Does anyone else think they are trying to keep this under wraps? A very strange move for Wilco!!!

I'm guessing they won't start playing a lot of new material until it's decided (IF it's decided) to stream it on their website.

If true, I like the decision. The early Sky Blue Sky songs they played didn't sound that different from how they sounded on the album, and it kind of lessened the impact of the record, in my opinion.

With youtube, the whole world can hear a newly played Wilco song within hours. And we're all very unpatient nerds, so will of course listen to it. Hopefully the next record will sound as fresh as possible.

True that. Over half of the tracklisting has been played live (thankfully half of that was solo so it's a little different). All they would have to do is debut one new tune that hasn't been heard yet and a taper, or video taper would get it and we would all hear it.

If I remember correct they kept "You Are My Face" hidden in the loft until right around the time of the release, which was smart because it was bound for the 'Wilco's greatest hits' category and was one of the more breath taking additions to the SBS tracklist.

The other thing to keep in mind when getting impatient is that this might be the shortest time between Wilco records ever- but then again I was listening to Black Flag and riding my skateboard outside of my high school when Being There came out, so I could be wrong.

Where *did* they leak SBS online? Was it in Roadcase? The Records section? Did they just pop it online, or did they give wilcoworld registrants a heads up?

http://forums.viachicago.org/index.php?showtopic=27156

I know it happened the night of our living room show with Jeff, and after he left we turned it on (it happened at 11:00 at night) but we were still very excited from having just had the party with Jeff & Susan, and I don't remember hearing it at all.

But yes it was streamed in total from Wilcoworld (probably the roadcase) before release, and somebody taped the stream and ripped a transcode. So fans listened to that transcode before the actual record was released (not me, though - I'm one of those wait-for-the-real-CD/perfect-moment-to-listen people). I don't remember when an actual CD leak occurred.

And I think they did give registrants a head's up.

Guest Jules
I don't remember when an actual CD leak occurred.

Late March or so. I think I got it from that one pig site that's no longer around. Quality was shitty though.

http://forums.viachicago.org/index.php?showtopic=27156

I know it happened the night of our living room show with Jeff, and after he left we turned it on (it happened at 11:00 at night) but we were still very excited from having just had the party with Jeff & Susan, and I don't remember hearing it at all.

But yes it was streamed in total from Wilcoworld (probably the roadcase) before release, and somebody taped the stream and ripped a transcode. So fans listened to that transcode before the actual record was released (not me, though - I'm one of those wait-for-the-real-CD/perfect-moment-to-listen people). I don't remember when an actual CD leak occurred.

And I think they did give registrants a head's up.

I remember reading that thread now. I was curious about the specifics of where/when/how it was available, but thanks for the link to that thread. Very cool. And further fuel for my jealousy of those who've participated in the living room shows :cryin

When is this coming out again?

Good. I still have time to pre-order it!