New album news!

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely, it's his livelihood, and he should take it seriously. However, I disagree on principle that it can suck to be someone who makes his living playing in a rock band, based on the fact that he has to talk about his new album sometimes.

It can absolutely suck to be someone who makes his living playing in a rock band, for other reasons.

You realize that "sucks to be" is an expression -- and one of sarcasm at that? Just as ROFL does not require a seizure-like response?

time for a "guess the color scheme of the new album" thread?

i'd have to say they will stick with monochrome, although i'd personally like to see color

I'm hoping for a spinning wheel, cut-out type album cover. Ala Led Zeppelin 3.

I just saw this too. Pitchfork never fail to take dickish to a new level. This is in response to the Wilco/Feist song:

Sidestepping blog hyperbole, let's just say this will undoubtedly be the best song of the last 40 years. Give or take 100 years.
Creative angst may not be as bad as "OMG, am I going to starve to death" angst or "OMG, am I going to get a bomb dropped on me by some asshole in a Stuka" angst, but if your livelihood rests upon the quality of your creative output, uncertainty about it can be very unpleasant.

And, do you NOT want the dude to take what he does seriously?

stuka.jpg

jefftweedy.jpg

:pirate

• 2 weeks later...
evidently jeff just said the title of the album is "Hemispheres" at the show tonight

yea right ......................................................... WILCO - HEMISPHERES

HMMMMM i DONT COMPLETEY HATE IT

just noticed this on wilcoworld:

"The still-untitled Wilco album has been mastered, and the sequence is as follows:

Wilco The Song

Deeper Down

One Wing

Bull Black Nova

You And I

You Never Know

Country Disappeared

Solitaire

I'll Fight

Sunny Feeling

Everlasting

Dark Neon

The release is currently scheduled for late June on Nonesuch."

Dark Neon? That's another new name to me.

Someone posted a link to download a preview of new songs already perfomed live. Unfortunately the link (a yousendit) expired. Would some please upload them somewhere? Dying to hear them!

Thanks lots!

Will re-up this weekend.