New Album News - II

Maybe someone saw "sunny" on a setlist or something - but it's been "sonny" ever since I've seen it mentioned officially - either on the band's site or in RS reports.

EDIT: March 27th: http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/inde...rly-track-list/

Actually, 2 days ago it was still named 'sunny feeling' on their official site. They deviously editted it (just like they did with everlasting everything).

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, 2 days ago it was still named 'sunny feeling' on their official site. They deviously editted it (just like they did with everlasting everything).

I'm not disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing - but I think you may have just thought you saw that. I've been paying attention (pathetic, yes) to the fact that it's been spelled "sonny" on the site and elsewhere and nobody's mentioned it until a couple of days ago.

I'm not disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing - but I think you may have just thought you saw that. I've been paying attention (pathetic, yes) to the fact that it's been spelled "sonny" on the site and elsewhere and nobody's mentioned it until a couple of days ago.

I can vouch for what he says ...

It is pathetic.

Seriously, I saw it too.

I can't believe I'm weighing in on this topic yet again. But! The first time there was any official mention of the song on Wilcoworld - and, I believe, in the original Smoking Section blog entry on RollingStone, it was Sonny Feeling. Then, for awhile on Wilcoworld, it was Sunny Feeling once a more complete tracklisting was posted. This was picked up in the slew of news stories about the new Wilco album's tracklisting around the start of last week, and perhaps the week before. For instance:

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/wilco-...003966287.story

http://www.411mania.com/music/news/103021/...acklist-Set.htm

Sometime after that - I don't know when - it was reverted to Sonny. Will it stay that way? Maybe!

I can't believe I'm weighing in on this topic yet again. But! The first time there was any official mention of the song on Wilcoworld - and, I believe, in the original Smoking Section blog entry on RollingStone, it was Sonny Feeling. Then, for awhile on Wilcoworld, it was Sunny Feeling once a more complete tracklisting was posted. This was picked up in the slew of news stories about the new Wilco album's tracklisting around the start of last week, and perhaps the week before. For instance:

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/wilco-...003966287.story

http://www.411mania.com/music/news/103021/...acklist-Set.htm

Sometime after that - I don't know when - it was reverted to Sonny. Will it stay that way? Maybe!

If you count "Nothing'severgonnastandinmyway(again)" as an intentional misspelling, then 3 of the last 4 Wilco albums have had one. You could even stretch to say that the use of the numeral in "The Lonely 1" could count.

But I was being pathetic as well, I remember even thinking: "hmm, that's quite odd compared to the RS interview" etc.

And I'm not drunk. All the time. :ohwell

Edit: well, what preferedB said.

It's my least favorite Wilco song, too. To keep this post on topic...I hope that its title as "Worst Wilco Song (as defined by me)" remains after June.

The worst Wilco song in the world is hands down Candyfloss.

Oh hurray for Summerteeth hate. *rolls eyes*

Candyfloss is a great pop tune, with a great melody and an arrangement that rewards repeated listens. To me that's the definition of a great song (Though I'm not saying things without those things can't be great songs.) I seriously can't understand how anyone can not like that song.

I guess now I know how people feel when I say "Red-Eyed and Blue" or "Forget the Flowers" are nothing special.

Oh hurray for Summerteeth hate. *rolls eyes*

Candyfloss is a great pop tune, with a great melody and an arrangement that rewards repeated listens. To me that's the definition of a great song (Though I'm not saying things without those things can't be great songs.) I seriously can't understand how anyone can not like that song.

I guess now I know how people feel when I say "Red-Eyed and Blue" or "Forget the Flowers" are nothing special.

Yeah that got me in the BT thread. I love those songs.

Or the hip-hop number with previously unreleased rhymes from Tupac, Biggie and ODB.