Wilco ex-member sues frontman Tweedy

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah, a cub alright.

G'damn did we laugh!

Kingman was made for the American League. Too bad he played most of his career in the NL. After the DH rule passed and free agency came about he should have bolted and stayed there. Older people still talk about when he nailed Mick Kelleher at second base.

He would have hit 60+ homers if he were around today.

I fail to check VC for one day and i come back to this....20 pages of it....and I read them all.

Actually, I think Wilco and Jay will both benefit from this in terms or publicity, no matter who wins the legal case. I think the real losers are all of us, as thins pretty much shuts the door on there ever being a reunion of sorts. Not that the door wasn't shut already, but this helps to spell it out a little more clearly.

Guest Speed Racer
Actually, I think Wilco and Jay will both benefit from this in terms or publicity, no matter who wins the legal case.

What I see when I read this sentence is some woman shrieking and throwing her shoes at her ex at a restaurant, when she runs into him on a date with someone else. Do you want to date that shrieking, shoe-throwing woman? I don't know that Jay is going to benefit much from this.

What I see when I read this sentence is some woman shrieking and throwing her shoes at her ex at a restaurant, when she runs into him on a date with someone else. Do you want to date that shrieking, shoe-throwing woman?

Well, if i wasn't married already, I might.

Jay could benefit by winning the lawsuit, and getting enough money to replace his hip. Jay could benefit by an out of court settlement which gives him enough money to replace his hip. Jay could Bennetfit, excuse me benefit, from losing the case by getting some free publicity which in turns sells a few more records than he otherwise would have, thus covering a little more of his surgery than he otherwise would have been able to.

What I see when I read this sentence is some woman shrieking and throwing her shoes at her ex at a restaurant, when she runs into him on a date with someone else. Do you want to date that shrieking, shoe-throwing woman? I don't know that Jay is going to benefit much from this.

So, basically, you're saying Jay Bennett is an asshole, right?

How to fight homelessness...

That's just mean... but funny. The Pieholden Fuck You Pay Me or Subpoena Queen are the champs tho...

Regardless of whether you agree or disagree with this suit, it cant bode well for your band when you have as many ex-members as Wilco does and they start to sue you. If this is the beginning of a trend Wilco will soon be bankrupt.

Regardless of whether you agree or disagree with this suit, it cant bode well for your band when you have as many ex-members as Wilco does and they start to sue you. If this is the beginning of a trend Wilco will soon be bankrupt.

That's just silly, but somewhat funny. Not every ex-Wilco member is an asshole. One left voluntarily...

LouieB

I work at a live music venue in Austin. Wilco gets 175,000 just to play Stubbs!!! So 50,000 lawsuit is piss to them!!!!

And once they pay for travel, logistics, staff, support, insurance, lodging, a bit for the management, a bit for the government, a bit for benefits etc. they've got enough to take a piss.

I don't know that I'd consider that an entirely good thing. Wouldn't that mean that they'd be more likely to rush-release albums that aren't as finished as they could be? And play more shows than they want to play, leading to potentially bad performances?

I think she was being silly.

I work at a live music venue in Austin. Wilco gets 175,000 just to play Stubbs!!! So 50,000 lawsuit is piss to them!!!!

But then you figure six guys in the band, plus the crew, plus the equipment, plus the buses, plus the wear and tear in the buses, plus hotels, plus food, plus managers, publicists, booking agents, plus mortgages, plus wives and kids, plus private school, plus health insurance, life insurance,ccar insurance, car payment ....AND GUITARS.

So again, that means that just because it may be "piss", he (not them; Jay is suing Jeff personally) should just pay? Really.... would you? Also, as it has been mentioned, the $50K is just for openers.

Oh, and my $.02:

Hell is me

I disagree with this as well. I think the other ex-members (even those who left voluntarily) have put it all behind them. I think Jay is doing this because he hasn't found the success he was hoping for when he was fired. Also, it seems like he is living in the past if he feels he needs to file a lawsuit almost a decade after he was fired.

But I dont want to make it seem like i'm a bennett hater because do feel for him... he needs the money (without health insurance, a total hip replacement usually will cost between $31,000 and $45,000, with an average cost of $40,000). It's pretty sad..