The Late Hates

Less Than You Want

Scars Can't Escape

Heavy Duty Lawyers

Sky Blue Suit

Impossible Legalese

Shrug It Off

Side With The Sleaze

I disagree with this as well. I think the other ex-members (even those who left voluntarily) have put it all behind them. I think Jay is doing this because he hasn't found the success he was hoping for when he was fired. Also, it seems like he is living in the past if he feels he needs to file a lawsuit almost a decade after he was fired.

But I dont want to make it seem like i'm a bennett hater because do feel for him... he needs the money (without health insurance, a total hip replacement usually will cost between $31,000 and $45,000, with an average cost of $40,000). It's pretty sad..

Ken Coomer did the very same thing a year or two ago. What was the outcome of that case?

I don't really have any interest in reading the thread, but I'll take a stab at summarizing it anyway:

95% of the VC Faithful talk about what a horrible monster Jay Bennett is, and probably take a few cheap prick shots at his rather serious health issues in the process.

2% of the forum clumsily attempts to "crunch the numbers" while playing Armchair Litigator and determine things like the potential value of an out-of-court settlement, whether Bennett is actually entitled to his beef, etc.

The 1% of the board who self-identify as "Jay Bennett fans" feebly attempt to stick up for the man and are rewarded for their efforts by being excommunicated from VC's (y)upp(i)e[r echelon] clique.

The most fanatical 1% of the board overreacts to the charges and can see them only as a conspicuous personal attack on Jeff Tweedy.

The rational 1% of the board knows enough to stay out of ongoing litigation pertaining to its favourite band and mostly remains mum about the whole damned thing.

I don't really have any interest in reading the thread, but I'll take a stab at summarizing it anyway:

95% of the VC Faithful talk about what a horrible monster Jay Bennett is, and probably take a few cheap prick shots at his rather serious health issues in the process.

2% of the forum clumsily attempts to "crunch the numbers" while playing Armchair Litigator and determine things like the potential value of an out-of-court settlement, whether Bennett is actually entitled to his beef, etc.

The 1% of the board who self-identify as "Jay Bennett fans" feebly attempt to stick up for the man and are rewarded for their efforts by being excommunicated from VC's (y)upp(i)e[r echelon] clique.

The most fanatical 1% of the board overreacts to the charges and can see them only as a conspicuous personal attack on Jeff Tweedy.

The rational 1% of the board knows enough to stay out of ongoing litigation pertaining to its favourite band and mostly remains mum about the whole damned thing.

:rolleyes

You should have just stuck to the first clause of your first sentence.

don't you have something to color?

What about the other 1%? Everyone knows that here at VC we give 101% every day!

Box Full Of Papers

Should've Been In Sales

We're Just Former Bandmates

Califiornia Scars

ELL

A Shot In The Gut

Noonesevergonnasuemyass (Again)

The Late Hates

Scars Can't Escape

Heavy Duty Lawyers

Sky Blue Suit

Impossible Legalese

Shrug It Off

Side With The Sleaze

Every Little Lawsuit?

My favorite: Litigated Cat (Not for the Session) ~ Cook County Courthouse Demos Version

Boy! Do you ever!

Irony: Someone else has your appropriate username: Onan

:jerkit

Ken Coomer did the very same thing a year or two ago. What was the outcome of that case?

He did? I did not know that...

eitherway, I dont think it's fair to Jeff, Jay, or the band to pick sides and argue about it when we dont know how this is going or if it even gets to a trial..

But thankfully we're all having fun making lawsuit-themed wilco song titles.. :thumbup

And TheMaker, no doubt above such pedestrian, shameful, and know it all responses has summarized the entirety of the thread for the swine of VC.

TheMaker is, I guess, Alanis Morisette.

I disagree with this as well. I think the other ex-members (even those who left voluntarily) have put it all behind them. I think Jay is doing this because he hasn't found the success he was hoping for when he was fired. Also, it seems like he is living in the past if he feels he needs to file a lawsuit almost a decade after he was fired.

But I dont want to make it seem like i'm a bennett hater because do feel for him... he needs the money (without health insurance, a total hip replacement usually will cost between $31,000 and $45,000, with an average cost of $40,000). It's pretty sad..

I think Jay is doing this because he honestly believes he is owed money, whether he actually is or not.

I think Jay is doing this because he honestly believes he is owed money, whether he actually is or not.

If he believe that then why wait so long to do something about it. I know it can't take that long to file a lawsuit

If I admit that The Maker never ceases to crack me up even when he is completely off his rocker, is that similar to disobeying a 'Don't Feed the Animals' sign?

God, you people are the best. This list of song titles KILLED me. Very well done. :thumbup

If he believe that then why wait so long to do something about it. I know it can't take that long to file a lawsuit

I'll take a stab at this.

It does often take years for damages to accumulate. As an example, how could he sue for unpaid royalties for YHF or IATTBYH in 2002? He was likely trying to claim them all along (in order to have had a decent shot, he should have at least TRIED to claim them). Also, the reason he is doing something now is clearly that he needs the $$ and is willing to use it as a source of income -- basically burning any bridge that might have existed.

I respect your loyalty to your partner. Monogamy is under-rated. Kudos to you. Have a great career!

I'd probably be better off if I wasn't now blind with very hairy palms. Very hard to shave palms without being able to see them you know