Wilco ex-member sues frontman Tweedy

dave kingman i believe.

Yeppers. I played ball with him once. We were kids and he went to the church where we used the fields behind it for ball. He didn't really play with us, he just asked to bat and then hit our ball so far that we could not find it and had to quit playing.

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeppers. I played ball with him once. We were kids and he went to the church where we used the fields behind it for ball. He didn't really play with us, he just asked to bat and then hit our ball so far that we could not find it and had to quit playing.

How many times did he swing and miss it before it hit it?

Nihilists.jpg

Jay and his posse's new look..?

Dude...you have been accused of bandwave thievery...better look out for the internet cops.

How many times did he swing and miss it before it hit it?

He went 1 -4 in that at bat with three strike outs. But the kid pitching was tossing heat and wicked 12 -6 curveballs...or did I mean it was hot out and the kid pitching lobbed the ball? 30 + years fogs the memory.

Potential silver lining: If it's settled out of court, or a court rules in favor of Jay, and Wilco/Jeff Tweedy will has to pony up some cash, that means more concerts/albums for us!

See, I am a glass half full kind of gal.

:dancing

Potential silver lining: If it's settled out of court, or a court rules in favor of Jay, and Wilco/Jeff Tweedy will has to pony up some cash, that means more concerts/albums for us!

And a new album will have to come out sooner, like next year. It'll be called: Wilco ~ The Lawsuit Album

he just asked to bat and then hit our ball so far that we could not find it and had to quit playing.

Did you check the rooftops?

I don't know that I'd consider that an entirely good thing. Wouldn't that mean that they'd be more likely to rush-release albums that aren't as finished as they could be? And play more shows than they want to play, leading to potentially bad performances?

This is awesome.

:lol

I'm guessing he'll sue that guy next.

I wouldn't be surprised. Didn't he make myspace give him /jaybennett even though it was already taken?

have any journalists or bloggers entitled the story:

"Red Eyed and Sued..."

?

(i haven't read through the thread so i could be late (great))

No, but the following have been offered up:

At Least that's what I think you said, because I never signed the contract

I'm the man who sued you

(I got paid) Less than you think

Tweedy responded to the suit with a statement to Paste, saying:

"I know exactly as much as everyone else does. I've read the news and I honestly have no idea what these claims are based on. It was such a long time ago. Aside from everything else, I'm being sued for not paying someone for appearing in a movie I didn't produce. Go figure. I am truly sad it has come to this. I am equally convinced, however, that I have done nothing wrong and that this will be handled fairly and swiftly."

http://www.nme.com/news/nme/44485

I don't know that I'd consider that an entirely good thing. Wouldn't that mean that they'd be more likely to rush-release albums that aren't as finished as they could be? And play more shows than they want to play, leading to potentially bad performances?

And that would be glass half empty.

Tweedy responded to the suit with a statement to Paste, saying:

"I know exactly as much as everyone else does. I've read the news and I honestly have no idea what these claims are based on. It was such a long time ago. Aside from everything else, I'm being sued for not paying someone for appearing in a movie I didn't produce. Go figure. I am truly sad it has come to this. I am equally convinced, however, that I have done nothing wrong and that this will be handled fairly and swiftly."

http://www.nme.com/news/nme/44485

see page 10 of this thread

Guest Speed Racer
No, but the following have been offered up:

At Least that's what I think you said, because I never signed the contract

I'm the man who sued you

(I got paid) Less than you think

Box Full of Affidavits

Forget the Contracts

Venus Stopped the Claim

I Sued You (At the End of the Decade)

That's Not The Issue seems fine as-is...

Box Full of Affidavits

Forget the Contracts

Venus Stopped the Claim

I Sued You (At the End of the Decade)

That's Not The Issue seems fine as-is...

Subpoena Queen