Wilco ex-member sues frontman Tweedy

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...Jay is suing Jeff because he was portrayed badly in IATTBYH.

In related news, Buford T. Justice has filed suit against the Bandit for making him look bad.

Guest Jules
Complaints do not present a full picture because (1) they are one-sided, and (2) they intentionally present facts in the best possible light for the plaintiff (e.g., "THE" producer instead of "A" producer).

Without knowing what the contract actually says, and without knowing what sort of performance can be implied from prior actions, and without knowing how the contract could be amended or terminated, everyone is speculating. And they are speculating on marginally more information than they had before they saw the complaint.

I know this won't stop another 6 pages of speculation, but no one knows anything. At all. Be careful where you let your head take you. You don't know anything.

You're no fun.

I sent an email to thesmokinggun, encouraging them to track down all related documents! They are on the case!

Umm, are you looking at different comments than I am?

I dont' think so. Calling him a pretentious asshole, and then mentioning that the ONLY reason YHF is good was becasue of Bennett, and that he is the reason Summerteeth is their best record..doesn't come off as kind in my eyes.

Guest Jules
I dont' think so. Calling him a pretentious asshole, and then mentioning that the ONLY reason YHF is good was becasue of Bennett, and that he is the reason Summerteeth is their best record..doesn't come off as kind in my eyes.

OK, I guess. The majority, actually most, of the comments are quite complementary of Jeff and Wilco as a whole.

I think it's money earned from sales and performance of those songs created during each member's tenure. So royalties from all the songs published from 11/94 to 8/01 would be continually and perpetually paid to those members who were part of the band at that time, no matter when they are played.

winner!

I used to cocktail years and years ago at a place in Chicago where they had a weekly gig, played seventy per cent covers, and tweedy was a dickwad, to the extreme. Philanderer!

@moosesanddeers: Darling, you never cocktailed anywhere, unless you are even older than I am. That phrase went out when Angie Dickinson stopped fucking Burt Bacharach.
Yankee Hotel Foxtrot is the Wilco album for people who think nearly everything else Wilco does is a little too precious (and perhaps who, like me, was forced to worked with frat boys who used Uncle Tupelo to "get pussy")

:blink

:stunned

What?

:blink

:stunned

What?

I thought Frat Boys put Crash Into Me by dave matthews on repeat when they wanted to get pussy...

but i guess belleville alt-country gets the ladies goin too... good to know..