WIlco on the Tonight Show

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YES! i knew it! i was hoping for this when i saw the tour dates in California around the date of the album release. im a HUGE wilco AND conan fan (see screenname)... in fact i found out about wilco after seeing them on conan. i remember he introduced them as "for my money, the band that's making the best music out there right now". it all comes together.

if it were up to me they'd do BBN... but im pretty sure itll be wilco (the song).

more proof that conan loves wilco: http://www.geocities.com/latenitegoddess2/conanlizapremier.jpg

as much as I'd like them to show off their musical chops and do Deeper Down, I think the most logical choice would be Sonny Feeling. For a casual late night TV watcher that hasn't heard much Wilco, that would be the catchiest song and the one that would grab listeners the best. I was playing that song on my iPod when I went through the drive-thru at Wendy's like 2 days after it leaked and the cashier said, "that sounds like a really great song." And she was probably mid 40s, working at Wendy's.

I was playing that song on my iPod when I went through the drive-thru at Wendy's like 2 days after it leaked and the cashier said, "that sounds like a really great song." And she was probably mid 40s, working at Wendy's.

Mom-rock

as much as I'd like them to show off their musical chops and do Deeper Down, I think the most logical choice would be Sonny Feeling. For a casual late night TV watcher that hasn't heard much Wilco, that would be the catchiest song and the one that would grab listeners the best.

Personally, I think "You Never Know" would be the song most likely to grab a new listener. Not that I don't like "Deeper Down," but the former is just a pretty darn catchy tune. I hear it's already a radio hit in Europe... ;)

if they went with just the "catchy" song i'd bet they'd go with you never know... but i'd hope for sonny feeling. it's just as catchy as you never know... but awesome. im betting for wilco (the song) b/c.. well.. it's their theme song... OR you never know b/c it's their single.

• 2 weeks later...

It could work with "Conan," though.

Put on your headphones, again and again

Conan

Conan

Conan will love you baby

?

Perhaps. I still think it'll be You Never Know. Unless Wilco has Grizzly Bear-esque balls to premier a new song and then promptly get your next appearance cancelled, I don't see any other choice.