Not at all what I expected, but very satisfying.

But I do wonder at Ben remaining outside.

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not at all what I expected, but very satisfying.

But I do wonder at Ben remaining outside.

Because he never really truly went to the "light" maybe? Or... maybe he was the guy guiding them all through the "limbo"

I gotta say that I expected to be disappointed, I really really did, but I feel real satisfied right now. I'm not even scared to admit as a dude that I cried more than once. As for ben remaining outside, it seems fitting. One quick question though. Is it now safe to assume that Walt is the only remaining survivor of 815? My math says so, Everyone who died in the early seasons died, everyone else died when Juliet blew up the bomb, Walt left the island alive and never returned. I'm calling spin-off.

EDIT: Lostpedia is crashing right now.

The way Christian explained it was that in the afterlife, time has no meaning, so it doesn't matter "when" people died. So kate and sawyer, etc got off the island but they eventually died, like all people die. Ben and Hurley stayed and took care of the island for many years, but they died too eventually. But they all decided to meet up in the afterlife. Meh.

The way Christian explained it was that in the afterlife, time has no meaning, so it doesn't matter "when" people died. So kate and sawyer, etc got off the island but they eventually died, like all people die. Ben and Hurley stayed and took care of the island for many years, but they died too eventually. But they all decided to meet up in the afterlife. Meh.

don't be so cynical.

I gotta say that I expected to be disappointed, I really really did, but I feel real satisfied right now. I'm not even scared to admit as a dude that I cried more than once. As for ben remaining outside, it seems fitting. One quick question though. Is it now safe to assume that Walt is the only remaining survivor of 815? My math says so, Everyone who died in the early seasons died, everyone else died when Juliet blew up the bomb, Walt left the island alive and never returned.

No...the juxtaposition of the island time line and the 'afterlife/sideways' timeline was not in effect.

What happened happened. They all simply waited for each other in the afterlife.

And yeah...I found tears running down my cheeks a few times.

Something just occurred to me...where was Richard in the 'afterlife/sideways' timeline?

No...the juxtaposition of the island time line and the 'afterlife/sideways' timeline was not in effect.

What happened happened. They all simply waited for each other in the afterlife.

And yeah...I found tears running down my cheeks a few times.

Something just occurred to me...where was Richard in the 'afterlife/sideways' timeline?

Can Richard create that meeting place too if he doesn't know who Christian Shephard is?

Can Richard create that meeting place too if he doesn't know who Christian Shephard is?

Richard knows who Christian Shepard is as much as Sawyer,Kate, Hurley, Libby et al do.

Maybe because he wasn't an 815er. But, then again, neither was Ben.

Wow, that was a really shitty conclusion to a great show.

What?

Desmond makes it possible for Jack and Kate to kill Flocke. Hurley becomes the master of the island after Jack sacrifices himself to put things back to rights.

The sideways world proves to be the afterlife.

Maybe a little mystical, but then again, the whole show was mystical.

I see which way you're interpreting it. Not the hallucinations of a self-martyr who's lost plenty of blood?

I thought it was a satisfying ending, though the season overall was kind of a flop, they needed more than one season for that much development.

What?

Desmond makes it possible for Jack and Kate to kill Flocke. Hurley becomes the master of the island after Jack sacrifices himself to put things back to rights.

I didn't say I did not understand the episode, I'm just saying I found it lacking - in many ways, too many to begin listing at 12:30 on a work night.

I didn't say I did not understand the episode, I'm just saying I found it lacking - in many ways, too many to begin listing at 12:30 on a work night.

I wasn't implying you didn't understand it.

I'm just wondering what made it such a disaster for you.

It's not as great as Angel's Not Fade Away, Firefly's Objects In Space, Malcolm In The Middle's Graduation, or even The Devil's Hands Are Idle Playthings, Futurama's original finale; but I think they closed the series in a great manner.

They concluded thoughts and themes about letting go, moving ahead, finding a purpose in life, free will, choice, location, and the ideas of faith.

Reminds me of Evangelion.

SO!!! What was The Man in Black's name? :realmad

I give it a thumbs up, I don't understand the cynicism. That could have been a lot worse. A lot worse!!!! I just wanted some more loose ends tied up.... like Blackie's name, how Ben brought Anthony Cooper to the island, etc.

But yes, why weren't Vincent and Richard in the church?! :P

SO!!! What was The Man in Black's name? :realmad

I give it a thumbs up, I don't understand the cynicism. That could have been a lot worse. A lot worse!!!! I just wanted some more loose ends tied up.... like Blackie's name, how Ben brought Anthony Cooper to the island, etc.

But yes, why weren't Vincent and Richard in the church?! :P

They intentionally left his name out. However, when Hulu initially placed Across The Sea online, its description stated Esau. They immediately revised it to The Man In Black.

I guess things like that don't really matter.... but maybe the events from this last season could have been broken into two seasons. I did like the pacing but there was a lot of things that could have been fleshed out more. I'd have liked to seen more backstory on Jacob and MiB. Maybe even on the Island itself, how did it come to be? This season did give a lot of answers... Michael obviously wasn't in the church or in the other universe at all because he was stuck on the Island, doing the whisper thing. If they were all dead, who was Jack's son? Was he not real?

The best reason I can think of why Richard didn't appear in the church is because he wasn't waiting for anyone to move on to the next stage of existence; the only person he'd wait for is Isabella.

spoilers below..maybe.

few thoughts. i really wish they hadn't used Christian heaven. just so 'least common denominator'. i really wish that the alternate timeline was as a result of time reset from the bomb at the end of season 5. but, the island timeline needed to finish up as it did. however, it would have been cool if when jack did his thing at the end there was one final flash coinciding with the alt timeline becoming real time with characters remembering the shit they went through in the island time line. with the flash, the island sinks. the end. with that ending there wouldn't have been as much dicking around of the viewers. each season would've been legit in terms of discovery and meaning. i'm really surprised that this was not the ending, or something similar given jj abrams cool way of doing the new star trek without resorting to the punchline of 'God is doing all of this, dicking us around, but if you really believe hard enough and put up with his SHIT then your abusive father will tell you that your going to heaven through the doors of a church."

oh well, what did i expect. it's network TV. the lowest common denominator. i don't have a tv and have been watching online. watched last night at a friends live. jeez, i forgot how terrible commercials were. tv really is the boob tube.

spoilers below..maybe.

few thoughts. i really wish they hadn't used Christian heaven. just so 'least common denominator'. i really wish that the alternate timeline was as a result of time reset from the bomb at the end of season 5. but, the island timeline needed to finish up as it did. however, it would have been cool if when jack did his thing at the end there was one final flash coinciding with the alt timeline becoming real time with characters remembering the shit they went through in the island time line. with the flash, the island sinks. the end. with that ending there wouldn't have been as much dicking around of the viewers. each season would've been legit in terms of discovery and meaning. i'm really surprised that this was not the ending, or something similar given jj abrams cool way of doing the new star trek without resorting to the punchline of 'God is doing all of this, dicking us around, but if you really believe hard enough and put up with his SHIT then your abusive father will tell you that your going to heaven through the doors of a church."

oh well, what did i expect. it's network TV. the lowest common denominator. i don't have a tv and have been watching online. watched last night at a friends live. jeez, i forgot how terrible commercials were. tv really is the boob tube.

It wasn't necessarily a 'Christian heaven'. Didn't you notice all the symbols from the various religions in the chapel? It may have had a Christian tint because Jack was a Christian.

I feel very strongly that Lindlhoff and Cuse managed to do something that is rare on American Network TV. They managed to tell a compelling story that avoided pandering to 'the least common denominator'. They told the story THEY wanted to tell. I've never written a screenplay, treatment or novel. I envy them at their accomplishment

I was wondering about this:

Eko Turned Down Finale Guest Spot

After seeing all of those commercials for ABC's new shows, I'd say they are screwed.

Lost ratings (EW.com)

According to Nielsen, the two-and-a-half hour finale averaged 13.5 million viewers and a 5.6 in the 18-49 demo.

That is nowhere near the MASH and Cheers numbers.

The best reason I can think of why Richard didn't appear in the church is because he wasn't waiting for anyone to move on to the next stage of existence; the only person he'd wait for is Isabella.

Right. They were all together at the end because their time on the island was the most meaningful time of their lives. I think Richard and Isabella end up together in their own Little Chapel at the End of the Universe®.

Likewise for Lapidus and Miles. I'm surprised Ben/Alex/Rousseau(?) and Daniel/Charlotte didn't make it. It's not as if they bailed on the finale like Eko.

Was everyone paired up except for Locke?