• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 Locke

8 Hurley

15 Sawyer

16 Sayid

23 Jack

42 Jin or Sun (though it looked like he touched just Jin)

No Kate?

No Kate

No Claire

Wow, tonight's episode was simply stunning and amazing. I'm still letting it sit in my mind. I'll probably watch it a 2nd time in a little bit.

Anyways, here is something that I got at Lostpedia re:

The Numbers On The Cave

Oceanic

Alive

8 – Reyes

15 – Ford

16 – Jarrah

23 – Shepard

42 – Kwon (Jin or Sun? Both?) *My addition: what about their daughter?

313 – Littleton (Claire? Aaron?)

Dead

195 – Pace

4 – Locke

90 – Troup

Others

10 – Mattingley

317 – Cunningham

117 – Linus (Roger? Emily? Ben?)

55 ? – Burke

Dharma

??? – Goodspeed (Horace? Olivia? Ethan?)

134 ? – Chang

French Team

? – Lacombe

Freighter

171 ? – Straume

US Army

233 – Jones

Undetermined

222 – O’Toole

291 – Domingo

346 – Grant

Partial

33 – XW?

20 – Rouf…

62 – …?

…? – …ersen

285 – Jen…

49 – …chan

30 – …la

195 – …?

?? – Reyno(lds?)

27? – …?

1? – Sullivan

…? – …zki

337 – Martin…

119 – Almeida

Wow, tonight's episode was simply stunning and amazing. I'm still letting it sit in my mind. I'll probably watch it a 2nd time in a little bit.

The Numbers On The Cave

Oceanic

Alive

8 – Reyes

15 – Ford

16 – Jarrah

23 – Shepard

Dead

195 – Pace

4 – Locke

90 – Troup

Others

10 – Mattingley

317 – Cunningham

55 ? – Burke

Dharma

134 ? – Chang

French Team

? – Lacombe

Freighter

171 ? – Straume

US Army

233 – Jones

Undetermined

222 – O’Toole

291 – Domingo

346 – Grant

Partial

33 – XW?

20 – Rouf…

62 – …?

…? – …ersen

285 – Jen…

49 – …chan

30 – …la

195 – …?

?? – Reyno(lds?)

27? – …?

1? – Sullivan

…? – …zki

337 – Martin…

119 – Almeida

thats pretty hardcore.

I was wondering where Kate was too. I think she may not make it out of this season alive. Does anyone remember if Jacob touched her when she tried to steal that lunchbox? I may have to go re-watch it.

And I guess Frank wasn't a candidate after all...

That was a great episode. I love how success and money don't seem to have fazed Hurley and his "good guy" attitude. And Frank is still one of my favorite characters... "This is the weirdest damn funeral I've ever been to." :lol

That bloody kid in the jungle gave me chills. Still trying to figure out what Richard's deal is. I guess I'm really still trying to figure out what Jacob and the MIB's deals are too... :stunned

Also, what do you think about Helen mentioning getting her parents and Locke's dad and just getting married in Vegas? I mean, he was still paralyzed... did something else happen besides Cooper tossing him out of that window? :stunned

This is officially the Lost face: :stunned

Rewatched the first two episodes. A few things stuck out.

1) Jin and Sun aren't married.... Jacob visited them on their wedding day. COINCIDENCE?!

2) Jack was nervous on the plane. Jacob visited him during one of his lowest moments in his life. Perhaps there's some sort of correlation there.

Jacob was there when Locke was thrown out of the window! So that must not have happened either... especially since Locke appears to be on good relations with his father. :dancing

Some big things that I noticed in this episode that put things into perspective and then had me question things.

Did we just see a flat out obvious reference to Jacob's Ladder? If so, then are all of those people (myself at one point and maybe still) who considered the island to be some sort of heaven right after all? And is it a safe bet to think that the Man In Black is really Esau as in Jacob's Esau in the Bible? I looked this up last May and read about it and thought that this was very interesting.

Who was that kid that Locke & Sawyer saw? At 1st I thought it was Zack, as in Zack one of the tailie kids. Then I thought that it looked like a grown up Aaron, then I thought that it looked like a younger Jacob. Then it hit me....this is dating back to Season 1 or 2 when I thought that Jacob wanted to come into the world as a baby Aaron. Now it seems to make more sense, ESPECIALLY considering that the Others gave Claire all of those shots to make Aaron safe from "the Sickness." Could this explain why Kate's name doesn't appear on the wall? If Kate raised Aaron, then that means in that timeline Jacob was killed. Now that Jacob is dead and in the ALT timeline Claire is alive with a baby on the way, maybe he'll come into this world via Aaron.

Of course, there could be that possibility that all of which MIB told Sawyer is actually the workings of MIB himself and not Jacob.

What was with that smirk that Locke gave as he wheeled towards Professor Linus? Does he recognize him? Did John dying lead him to have his consciousness transferred to his ALT timeline self a la Juliet?

I found it very interesting to see MIB crap his pants when he saw the boy. Considering Sawyer just mentioned how he knew that he wasn't Locke because Locke used to be afraid. It was also interesting to see MIB fall down while chasing that boy. It felt very deja vu.

Oh, and before I call it a night: how about that gorgeous shot of MIB & Sawyer in the background of the scale? Did you notice how MIB was on the white side and Sawyer was on the black side? Interesting. Could MIB/Locke & Sawyer (Jacob's Substitute/Candidate) reenact that opening scene of the Season 5 finale?

OH OH OH!!! Lastly, I think I mentioned awhile back the concept of 3s by having 3 Lockes prominent on the show right now: Locke 04 (dead on the beach), ALT Locke, & MIB/Locke. If MIB can't change his appearance now that he is a dead man, then he really couldn't have been Christian Shepherd and that is where I think the "Man In Charge" comes into the overall picture of Lost. I mean, I think that there is obviously someone who is overseeing Jacob & MIB and MIB has a bigger grudge with "the man upstairs" to use that type of wording. Edit: If my memory serves me correctly, the last time we saw Christian on the island he was in gray clothing.

One more thing before I go: Anyone else notice the stronger presence of chains (sound effects) when we saw MIB in Smokey mode? (It could be that both Jacob & MIB & Richard were all slaves and Richard was given the gift of eternal life and MIB was given a curse to be a smoke monster.) This would explain the "I used to be a man just like you". Yes, any man can turn into judgmental smoke. :ninja

Promise last thing: Are Jacob's ashes similar to that of the mythical phoenix? Now that we have his ashes, he is born again young. And is that the strange bird that Hurley saw back in Season 3?

One more thought that crept into my wandering wondering mind.

I find it interesting that MIB needed someone to be dead to take over their identity (even though we see Locke's dead body on the beach).

And I find it even more interesting (if that Jacob/Aaron theory blossoms) that Jacob needs someone to be unborn to come back.

There is something to that on many different layers and levels. Read on about Jacob's Ladder for more.

Philo's interpretation on it: "(1) The angels represent souls descending to and ascending from bodies — Philo's clearest reference to the doctrine of reincarnation. (2) In the second interpretation the ladder is the human soul and the angels are God's logoi, pulling the soul up in distress and descending in compassion. (3) In the third view the dream depicts the ups and downs of the life of the "practiser" (of virtue), and (4) in the last one the question is about the continually changing affairs of men."

Guest Runaway Jim

My initial thought was that the kid in the jungle is Jacob, but it could be Aaron. That didn't cross my mind.

I also found it very intriguing that Richard couldn't see him. Richard has seemed all along to be of great importance. He was an advisor of sorts to the others, he's wise and calm, and he doesn't fucking age. I'm starting to wonder if he is a clueless pawn after all, but I sure hope not.

Edited by Runaway Jim

My initial thought was that the kid in the jungle is Jacob, but it could be Aaron. That didn't cross my mind.

I also found it very intriguing that Richard couldn't see him. Richard has seemed all along to be of great importance. He was an advisor of sorts to the others, he's wise and calm, and he doesn't fucking age. I'm starting to wonder if he is a clueless pawn after all, but I sure hope not.

See I went back and watched the whole episode again and to me it's pretty clear that MIB sees the boy and then the boy disappears before Richard turns around. It happens pretty quick. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it played out as I just wrote seconds ago.

Also, I had a good laugh at the nicknames being given to Locke & Claire.

Locke = Locke Ness Monster

Claire = Clousseau :stunned

Guest Runaway Jim

Locke = Locke Ness Monster

Claire = Clousseau :stunned

My friend had been using Flocke, but now changed to Lockeness Monster. And I've been ridiculing him ever since. That is so cheesy.

I like Clousseau though.

They come, they destroy, they corrupt. It always ends the same"

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."

That opening scene from last season and this episode may have the key to our ultimate answers.

I think we now see that these 'beings'(Jacob and the MIB) need avatars. This may explain the problem the Dharma Initiative experienced with child and mother mortality.

The Numbers On The Cave

Oceanic

Alive

8 – Reyes

15 – Ford

16 – Jarrah

23 – Shepard

Dead

195 – Pace

4 – Locke

90 – Troup

Others

10 – Mattingley

317 – Cunningham

55 ? – Burke

Dharma

134 ? – Chang

French Team

? – Lacombe

Freighter

171 ? – Straume

US Army

233 – Jones

Undetermined

222 – O’Toole

291 – Domingo

346 – Grant

Partial

33 – XW?

20 – Rouf…

62 – …?

…? – …ersen

285 – Jen…

49 – …chan

30 – …la

195 – …?

?? – Reyno(lds?)

27? – …?

1? – Sullivan

…? – …zki

337 – Martin…

119 – Almeida

Updated:

Yes, the bomb went off. It was not the incident. It sunk the island and Flight 815 landed safely at LAX, although the passengers on board were slightly different because their pre-2004 lives weren't influenced by the island.

The bomb may or may not have gone off, but regardless, the actions of "The Incident" WERE the incident. The Dharma Initiative still built the Swan station. Desmond still came to the island and failed to push the button. Flight 815 still crashed, the survivors did live on the island, some left, the others flashed back to 1977 to set off the incident. Then they all ended up, some way or another, in 2007.

Both of the above are true.

OK, last night threw off my theory. Why was Ben Linus be off the island in the alt-reality? The last we saw him in 1977, Richard was taking him into the temple. How did he survive the explosion? My theory is all messed up now. And if we ever see Faraday off the island, how did his Mom get off the island? Maybe they both got off the same way that the losties in the main reality got from 1977 to 2007? Jacob?

4 Locke

8 Hurley

15 Sawyer

16 Sayid

23 Jack

42 Jin or Sun (though it looked like he touched just Jin)

I think this makes me change my mind about "Adam and Eve." I thought before that they were Rose and Bernard. My guess now is that they are Jin and Sun. One candidate (white), one not (black).

I was wondering where Kate was too. I think she may not make it out of this season alive. Does anyone remember if Jacob touched her when she tried to steal that lunchbox? I may have to go re-watch it.

he touched her on the nose and said "Be good Katie."

Still trying to figure out what Richard's deal is.

Yeah, Richard is interesting. He doesn't know much more than anyone else. Jacob never told him "why." And who the hell is Illana? She knows a lot about the island, but none of the Others know her.

Also, what do you think about Helen mentioning getting her parents and Locke's dad and just getting married in Vegas? I mean, he was still paralyzed... did something else happen besides Cooper tossing him out of that window? :stunned

Yeah, that was a great realization. He's still paralyzed, but he's still on speaking terms with his dad. WHAT?!?

I had a thought about Ben and the flash sideways universe. Is he still evil? Last season when he was shot he was brought to the Temple. Richard said after this he would never be the same, this was implied that it is reason why Ben became the manipulating evil genius that he is in the regular universe. So this all happened before the bomb went off and the Island sank right? So the question remains is Ben still evil? I can see from his interaction with his other teachers that he is a big douche, but is he still evil?

I'm not convinced that sideways universe Ben, Ethan, etc., were ever even on the island. I think the whole idea of it is what would have happened had nobody been summoned to the island by Jacob. Perhaps sideways universe Ben's mom never died giving childbirth and he had a happy life! Just a thought... probably doesn't make any sense, most of what I think about Lost doesn't make any sense. :unsure

I was hit by something today as I was thinking about the sideways universe...Eloise Hawkings and her conversation with Desmond about the Universe correcting things.

I'm not convinced that sideways universe Ben, Ethan, etc., were ever even on the island. I think the whole idea of it is what would have happened had nobody been summoned to the island by Jacob. Perhaps sideways universe Ben's mom never died giving childbirth and he had a happy life! Just a thought... probably doesn't make any sense, most of what I think about Lost doesn't make any sense. :unsure

Actually, after this week, I'm leaning more this way. Ben being off the island sealed it for me. If we see Widmore, Hawking, Faraday, Alpert, Pierre Chang or Horace Goodspeed, I'll really be convinced. I would think that they would have died if the island had sunk in 1977.

Guest Runaway Jim

Actually, after this week, I'm leaning more this way. Ben being off the island sealed it for me. If we see Widmore, Hawking, Faraday, Alpert, Pierre Chang or Horace Goodspeed, I'll really be convinced. I would think that they would have died if the island had sunk in 1977.

But in the scene where we saw the sunken island, we see evidence that the Dharma Initiative was on the island. There are DI houses and a DI shark still around.

But in the scene where we saw the sunken island, we see evidence that the Dharma Initiative was on the island. There are DI houses and a DI shark still around.

Shit, you're right. The only way this would make sense under my new theory would be if The DI would have found and come to the island regardless of the influence of Jacob, but that seems unlikely. :hmm

I was hit by something today as I was thinking about the sideways universe...Eloise Hawkings and her conversation with Desmond about the Universe correcting things.

Had I warned him about the scaffolding, tomorrow he'd be hit by a taxi. Had I warned him about the taxi, he'd fall in the shower and break his neck. The universe, unfortunately, has a way of course-correcting. That man was supposed to die; that was his path. Just as it's your path to go to the island. You don't do it because you choose to, Desmond. You do it because you're supposed to. -- Eloise Hawking

I think you're correct in that we'll alt-reality "course correct" itself.

Did they all end up on the island because they were "supposed to" or because of the influence of Jacob? Or is this one and the same? I'm still struck by Jack's comment "Nothing is irreversible."

See I think, the Island sank after the bomb went off and this is why. In the season opener awe see the island underwater. In the underwater scene it shows the Four Toed Statue and a Dharma shark. What that says to me is the island sank in '77, therefore everything pre '77 still happened and everything post '77 did not (ie hatch, the bottom, the French team, Sam Toomey hearing the numbers, etc.)

Do we know if the sinking of the island was instantaneous? I would think it was more gradual. That would account for Ben, Ethan, etc in being able to leave the island.

Unless of course it works this way Jacob is someone who is unstuck in time (similar to Desmond). But the point in time he becomes unstuck is sometime post '77 (post bomb) and because of the bomb Jacob was unable to manipulate people from coming to the island. Therefore, no one has ever come to the island (but then how do we account for the Shark?)

Well that is all.