New Flaming Lips Album Now Streaming

Update:

The link at Colbert Nation is down. You can now stream the album in its entirety at:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=113403123&ps=bb3

Up at colbertnation.com

Embryonic_cover.jpg

Track Listing:

1. "Convinced of the Hex" – 3:56

2. "The Sparrow Looks Up at the Machine" – 4:14

3. "Evil" – 5:38

4. "Aquarius Sabotage" – 2:11

5. "See the Leaves" – 4:24

6. "If" – 2:05

7. "Gemini Syringes" – 3:41

8. "Your Bats" – 2:35

9. "Powerless" – 6:57

10. "The Ego's Last Stand" – 5:40

11. "I Can Be a Frog" (featuring Karen O) – 2:14

12. "Sagittarius Silver Announcement" – 2:59

13. "Worm Mountain" (featuring MGMT) – 5:21

14. "Scorpio Sword" – 2:02

15. "The Impulse" – 4:06

16. "Silver Trembling Hands" – 3:58

17. "Virgo Self-Esteem Broadcast" – 3:45

18. "Watching the Planets" (featuring Karen O) – 5:16

The stream's up until monday I think. Sounds pretty sweet so far. It's certainly not one of their more 'commercial' releases by any means.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was dead tired listening to this last nite, and i fell asleep around track six or seven...one of the last things i remember was hearing a watch beep similar to "What is the Light?", which is a nice touch/homage to earlier FLips. But yeah, this sounded OUT there. Track four nearly broke my brain. Going to try and listen to this now at work, already getting distracted by people...

This record starts out extremely strong but, on my first listen, I was tired of it about halfway through (I wish that Colbert applet named and numbered the tracks as they played). It's nice to see them make something like this, especially after their last record, but as is always the case with double albums, you have to wonder if it couldn't have been condensed into a really great single disc.

I'm listening to the stream, loving it. If anyone could point me towards an MP3 capture of the stream, it would be highly appreciated...

If you use Firefox, get the Download Helper plug-in. This way you can download each individual track from the stream and save it to your hard drive. The MP3's are decent quality at 160 bps.

If you don't have Firefox, get it.. It blows IE away... Need more help with using Download Helper, let me know. :thumbup

This record starts out extremely strong but, on my first listen, I was tired of it about halfway through (I wish that Colbert applet named and numbered the tracks as they played). It's nice to see them make something like this, especially after their last record, but as is always the case with double albums, you have to wonder if it couldn't have been condensed into a really great single disc.

fwiw, the regular version is only one disc... so i guess calling it a double album is a bit of a grey area

http://www.amazon.co..._mus_ep_wlb_dpt