the next Beatles thread

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dammit. My keyboard doesn't have that functionality.

Besides, I wouldn't make the offer. I'd be getting ripped off on a cheaper version of Hitler Skitler.

no £ sign, you bloody americans! the $ is right next to the £ sign on my keyboard - what happened to our nations "special relationship"?

I don't know, the whole "granny" thing and "Signed personally by the fab 4 in 1974 i think maybe later" makes me a little suspect.

I was thinking the same thing. I don't think any of them spent that much time in England in 1974.

When I was out of town, I got to see a whole stack of vintage Beatle vinyl bootlegs. I don't think they had ever been played and they were in pretty good condition. It was interesting to see something I had read about, but never seen. I also got to see the Two Virgins album. I am trying to figure out if it was the original pressing. I did not see the back, only the front, which looked like this one:

Unfinished Music No.1: Two Virgins

• 2 weeks later...

link

Red and Blue Albums Remastered

The September 2009 release of The Beatles’ remastered original albums and new boxed collections in stereo and mono was one of the year’s top entertainment events, breaking chart records around the world. Apple Corps Ltd. and EMI Music are pleased to announce that The Beatles’ original 1973 compilations, 1962-1966 (‘Red’) and 1967-1970 (‘Blue’) have been digitally remastered for worldwide CD release on October 18 (October 19 in North America). Both 2CD packages include expanded booklets with original liner notes, newly written essays by Bill Flanagan, and rare photos.

The first Beatles compilations to be released after the band’s 1970 disbandment, the popular ‘Red’ and ‘Blue’ collections each feature a selection of singles and album tracks written by the band’s members.

‘Red’ and ‘Blue’ have been remastered by the same dedicated team of engineers at EMI Music’s Abbey Road Studios responsible for remastering The Beatles’ original UK studio albums, carefully maintaining the authenticity and integrity of the original analogue recordings. The result is the highest fidelity the catalogue has seen since its original release.

link

Red and Blue Albums Remastered

The September 2009 release of The Beatles’ remastered original albums and new boxed collections in stereo and mono was one of the year’s top entertainment events, breaking chart records around the world. Apple Corps Ltd. and EMI Music are pleased to announce that The Beatles’ original 1973 compilations, 1962-1966 (‘Red’) and 1967-1970 (‘Blue’) have been digitally remastered for worldwide CD release on October 18 (October 19 in North America). Both 2CD packages include expanded booklets with original liner notes, newly written essays by Bill Flanagan, and rare photos.

The first Beatles compilations to be released after the band’s 1970 disbandment, the popular ‘Red’ and ‘Blue’ collections each feature a selection of singles and album tracks written by the band’s members.

‘Red’ and ‘Blue’ have been remastered by the same dedicated team of engineers at EMI Music’s Abbey Road Studios responsible for remastering The Beatles’ original UK studio albums, carefully maintaining the authenticity and integrity of the original analogue recordings. The result is the highest fidelity the catalogue has seen since its original release.

overkill. of course, as a beatles fan those 2 albums are pointless.

on another note, i still want to pick up the mono box set.

Yeah, I have no need for these two collections personally (I bought both box sets), but lots of people will be very pleased to see them. They'll sell millions of each.

I might buy them anyway, because I'm crazy like that.

Yeah, I have no need for these two collections personally (I bought both box sets), but lots of people will be very pleased to see them. They'll sell millions of each.

I might buy them anyway, because I'm crazy like that.

how do you like the mono box set? i just checked amazon and it looks like i can get it new for as cheap as $150.

overkill. of course, as a beatles fan those 2 albums are pointless.

on another note, i still want to pick up the mono box set.

I have those on vinyl. My dad bought them when they came out.

A friend of mine (in his early 20s) was looking at those at a Barnes and Noble the other day. He called and asked me what they were, as he had not seen that particular release before. He was getting those confused with the Past Masters cds.

I have those on vinyl. My dad bought them when they came out.

A friend of mine (in his early 20s) was looking at those at a Barnes and Noble the other day. He called and asked me what they were, as he had not seen that particular release before. He was getting those confused with the Past Masters cds.

yeah, i have those on vinyl as well. Now, i would LOVE to have the c0lored vinyl versions of the blue/red album. Have you seen them?