if you could eliminate 1 musical act/artist

whom would you choose?

i.e. if you could make it so that one band or artist never existed, never had to hear a peep from them ever, whom would you pick?

has to be all or nothing--no "so and so before/after the _________ album" or some band before or after a lineup change.

I'm going with mariah carey, but I'm open to argument

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Eagles. No question in my mind.

That's a good one, I can support that in my top 5. I find it amazing that the Eagles could take their inspiration from people like Gram Parsons and ruin it to the degree they did.

Guest Runaway Jim

The Doors?

Or maybe U2.

Both have one song I like (Peace Frog/Where the Streets Have No Name) but I'd be willing to never hear them again if I didn't have to hear any of their other garbage.

Godammit, Poon. You KNOW I hate almost everything. Can I just say "The 1980s"? :lol I mean really...that godforsaken hair metal shit...that skinny-tie new wave garbage...

OK - I got one. WHAM! If anyone here confesses to liking those pathetic bastards please keep it to yourself, I don't wanna know.

journey or lady gaga

Lady Gaga? Really? I'm no fan of her music or her genre of music, but I can see the quality. The lyrics are way better than most brainless pop divas. She's the modern version of David Bowie. Notice I didn't say the equivalent of Bowie, because Bowie > Gaga. I'm actually fairly interested in seeing what she does going forward in the future. Who knows, she could turn out to be the next coming of Radiohead. I highly doubt it, but it won't be dull.

Is it cheating to want to eliminate American Idol? Because that would be way more than one group/artist, and I really do actually like Kelly Clarkson. But if burying that hideous franchise alive would rid the world of Clay Aiken and Ryan Seacrest, then it's totally worth it.

Creed.

No questions asked.

No doubt about it.

I would post a pic of them to get my point across that all that it takes is one look at that monstrosity of a "lead singer" and you'd say "uh huh".

But I won't cause my fellow VCers to turn to stone. :thumbup