Arcade Fire...

with a new album out this summer and tour in the fall, I figured it couldn't hurt to have an "official" thread for the band (surprised there wasn't one already)...

anywho, this is pretty neat:

ARCADE FIRE LICENSE "WAKE UP" TO NFL FOR CHARITY

100% OF PROCEEDS FROM SUPERBOWL AIRING TO GO TO PARTNERS IN HEALTH

Arcade Fire, Partners in Health, the NFL, Merge Records and Bank Robber Music have collectively agreed upon a unique 100% for charity Superbowl licensing of "Wake Up" from the band's 2004 album Funeral. All proceeds from the song's airing on the live Superbowl broadcast and subsequent airings on the NFL Network will go directly to Partners In Health's Stand With Haiti relief efforts.

For further information on Partners In Health's efforts regarding the Haiti crisis, go to http://www.standwithhaiti.org/haiti or see the information posted at http://www.arcadefire.com/

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Morrissey can do it, so can they. I am a little ashamed to say that I never picked up Neon Bible.

New album = good news. Who would have guessed that Arcade Fire would be licensing songs to the NFL.

i'm guessing it's a little favor from when FOX used an un-authorized short clip of 'No Cars Go' on the Super Bowl a few years ago. they threatened lawsuit but things sorta just died off.

as for "hard to top Neon Bible"... i guess i'd have to disagree with that. I'll be sadly disappointed if they don't.

i'm guessing it's a little favor from when FOX used an un-authorized short clip of 'No Cars Go' on the Super Bowl a few years ago. they threatened lawsuit but things sorta just died off.

as for "hard to top Neon Bible"... i guess i'd have to disagree with that. I'll be sadly disappointed if they don't.

Neon Bible > Funeral, IMHO.

Neon Bible > Funeral, IMHO.

yeah, i know some people prefer it (my wife included), but i can tell you that the overwhelming majority of Arcade Fire fans prefer Funeral.

you know i'm the biggest AF fanboy around, but that album wasn't even in my top 5 of 2007 (think i had it around #7 or #8), whereas Funeral is in my top 5 of the decade.

i was just saying that while it's a really great record, i know they'll have no problem topping it for me.

I'm REALLY late to the party here...but I am really becoming an avid fan.

I'm REALLY late to the party here...but I am really becoming an avid fan.

Me, too. I think I prefer Funeral to NB, but it's so early that I'm not sure yet (just got into them a few weeks/month ago). I hope I get a chance to see them live, youtube clips look pretty mesmerizing.

I'm on this ship...still Funeral was amazing too I just prefer Neon...

Exactly. I like 'em both, but I think Neon Bible just hangs together better as a record. It probably helps that I'm a huge Springsteen fan as well.

I think Funeral is pretty damn untouchable as a record. I can't get into Neon Bible 'cause of the production. And, it's hard to see anything else Arcade Fire does get anywhere close to Funeral. That being said, I'm excited for this record.

Agreed! Funeral is almost a perfect record. I love Neon Bible, but it doesn't touch Funeral in my view...

Being from the North Country (Burlington, VT) -- I have seen these folks a few times at La Sala Rosa in Montreal in 04 and 05 before they really hit it big. An amazing live band...

I'm so excited about this news. :dancing You have any more details, Kyle?

For the record, I love Neon Bible but Funeral is still my favorite. :wub

current plan is August/September for touring to ramp up, that's all the more details i really know right now cheers.gif

My feelings on the first two records are that Funeral works much better as an album whereas Neon Bible has some amazing songs on but is not as consistant or doesn't hold together as well. I am Looking forward to the new record and hope its something different again. I would like something less bombastic and a bit more organic and rootsy. I'm not sure entirely what I mean by that and why but thats what I want!.