Midnight In Paris

We started watching that last night after watching "Drive." It was late so unfortunately we didn't get to finish it, looking forward to doing so today. I'm loving the mood and feel of the film so far, I'm a Woody fan so I can't say I'm surprised.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

51REB2KPMPL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Was pretty disappointed by this. The first half has some interesting stuff and interviews with a bunch of the original No Wave musicians but then it switches to the early 2000s and presents bands like the Strokes, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, and the Liars as the next generation of NYC bands. And then it cuts back to old timers like Lydia Lunch who complain about how these new bands have nothing to them. It's a false comparison to begin with and the old timers just come across as cranky.

• 2 weeks later...

the-trip-movie-poster-2010-french-a-500x500.jpg

Really liked this. May have to check out the 6 part series this was compiled from next.

Watched Midnight in Paris last night - it's a good one, especially the cinematograhy. I thought the last scene with Wilson and his finance and her family was a bit lacking, though. I also wonder why Allen didn't bring up Ezra Pound - I would of thought he would have been an excellant character to write about.

Watched Midnight in Paris last night - it's a good one, especially the cinematograhy. I thought the last scene with Wilson and his finance and her family was a bit lacking, though.

I agree. I actually think that those characters were the weak link in the movie, though; really the only weak thing about the film. So, the weakness of that last scene didn't really shock me by that point.

They're both good - The Bank Job was more clever and compelling than I thought it would be.

Thank you, the Bank Job is extraordinary, it's now within my top 10 films. I'm watching Midnight in Paris soon, sometime this week.

• 2 weeks later...

Caught "The Finder" last night...VC's own ms. yvon works on this, it was cool to see her name flash by in the credits! Best of all, it was great entertainment, witty and fast-moving. I could get to really like these characters.

My big show right now:

The Mentalist

It's all about Jain; without him, it's just another crime show. But with him, it's a hoot!

• 2 weeks later...