• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No Paul Simon?

Definitely no Paul Simon for me. Especially not with MMJ at same time.

Today so far. Jonathan Boogie Long in the Blues Tent. Then today's big surprise set was Wayne Toups, a killer Louisiana Cajun band with accordion lead and 3 excellent guitar players.

JazzFest Day 3. The highlight today will be Beck, whom I've never seen. We'll see what else the day brings. Then tonight it's JJ Grey and Mofro opening for Galactic.

I'm sure you're aware, but in case you aren't, JRAD played last night and will again tonight. The Joy Theater I think it was/is....

I'm sure you're aware, but in case you aren't, JRAD played last night and will again tonight. The Joy Theater I think it was/is....

Thx for the heads up Lammy. I had already bought tix for shows last night and tonight when they announced JRAD. And then Warren's Last Waltz at the Saenger. That's the problem coming here at this time, I always want to split myself in 4ths. Just saw Jj Grey/Mofro open, waiting on Galactic at the sold out Orpheum.

Nice. My brother has been sending me periscope links the last few days....

Playing Ten and Vs straight through over the last week or so....has to be a crow pleasing move. Would have liked to have caught those. I was happy to lucked into Yield when they did that one.

TONIGHT (Monday, 5/9):
Cate Le Bon at Schuba's.

My first time seeing her and I am psuper psyched.

Sweet. Post a review. Listening to Britta's solo album right now.

It was a fantastic evening.  Opener was this group of kids (to me) called Wild Moccasins.  They have a jumpy young female singer and some fun hook-laden pop stuff, and there were 2 high school age girls right next to me who were having an ecstatic time.  I had set myself up right up against the stage so I'd be in the path of Sean Eden's amp, which put me also in the path of the opener's main guitar player, and he had some cool reverb-drenched tunes out of a nice sounding Twin.

After they left, all of the Luna folks came out and just started casually setting up all their own gear for Britta's segment.  So cool to see Dean and Sean just walking out and setting stuff up and talking, joking, interacting with the whole crowd.  Britta's set was as casual as I've seen for a live show.  Dean sat for the whole thing and Britta and her hot keyboard player had some nice harmonies.

Luna exceeded my expectations.  A high school friend and I flew to Chicago last year to see them (before we knew they were even considering adding some Texas dates this year) and I think I preferred this show.  It was a relatively small crowd and Dean and Sean were cutting up with each other (on mic) between just about every song.  Lots of crowd interaction and humor.  I was in a position where I was hearing everyone from their stage rigs and almost nothing through the house speakers, which was great.

I am an enormous Sean Eden fan and have traded a few emails with him about guitars so getting to watch him up close was a real treat.  After the show he and I chatted for awhile and he's just a great, laid-back, funny guy.  So talented.  

Was really hoping to see my favorite tune (Going Home) but they had played it in Austin on Thursday so that didn't happen, but it was a great set list.