• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guns N' Roses/ Alice in Chains

While at the Iron Maiden concert earlier in the week, I overheard a lot of talk about the G N' R reunion - people were stoked.

If you don't mind me asking - how did you get a ticket - did you just get lucky, when they went on sale?

Dave Rawlings Machine. My wife and I have been excited for days, but even more so after reading this review of the previous show. Damn, it's going to be a night of musical bliss.

http://showsigoto.com/dave-rawlings-machine-live-review/

GN'R was pretty great. Axl was seated in Dave Grohl's throne for the duration of the show due to his broken foot, but I would say they made the most of it otherwise. The band was right on. They hit some deep cuts that went over really well - Coma for example. It took 3-4 songs for the surreal aspect of seeing Slash and Axl on the same stage after 23 years to wear off and then it seemed very natural.

I'm sure I'm biased in thinking the show was great. I had invested a lot in it. Money clearly, but also time. We got in line around 5, they went on around midnight and played for just over 2.5 hours. I'm feeling it today for sure.

GN'R was pretty great. Axl was seated in Dave Grohl's throne for the duration of the show due to his broken foot, but I would say they made the most of it otherwise. The band was right on. They hit some deep cuts that went over really well - Coma for example. It took 3-4 songs for the surreal aspect of seeing Slash and Axl on the same stage after 23 years to wear off and then it seemed very natural.

I'm sure I'm biased in thinking the show was great. I had invested a lot in it. Money clearly, but also time. We got in line around 5, they went on around midnight and played for just over 2.5 hours. I'm feeling it today for sure.

Nice. I just watched a few clips. Axl can't hit some notes like he used to, obviously, and Matt Sorum's double kick drum is a noticeable difference, particularly in a tune like "Paradise City," but they sound good!

http://consequenceofsound.net/2016/04/axl-rose-hobbled-by-a-broken-foot-performed-last-nights-guns-n-roses-show-in-dave-grohls-throne/

Caught the amazing and hilarious Milk Carton Kids at the Tarrytown Music Hall last night - a situation in which I found myself frequently thinking that it's almost unbelievable that two humans could make such a pure and beautiful sound. If you're into what they do it's great to see it live.

Was really impressed with the opening act, Margaret Glaspy, who was previously unknown to me. Cool songs, great interplay between vocal and guitar, definitely worth a listen. She has a debut album coming out soon which I'm unexpectedly now looking forward to.

Margaret Glaspy - Somebody to Anybody

^^^ Enjoy, Tinnitus.  I saw him Wednesday in Chicago and I'm really glad I did.  The new material sounds better live than on record/CD.

tonight i saw:

The Poisoned Glass

Cult of Luna

Inverloch

Der Blutharsch and the Infinite Church of the Leading Hand

The Skull

Cult Of Occult

Epitaph

Hexvessel

Oranssi Pazuzu

Converge (playing Jane Doe for the first and last time)

Mispyrming

Paradise Lost

Hell

Daniel Payne

Chrch

Black Mountain

fuck am i tired, and i've got 3 more days of it. 

Oranssi Pazuzu was the best show of the day.

Savages were incredible last night.

if you have just one record in your collection from Bauhaus, Chameleons, Siouxsie, Wire, The Cure, etc - go see this band. incredible to think they are just two records into their career. they are the real deal.

Would love to see that band. Such a great frontwoman