No Trump-punches were pulled in the show. The song "Pigs" from Animals was pure fire from Roger. Some of the audience was quite incensed and quite a few left the show. The guys right in front of me were flipping out and flipping birds at the screen when the Black Lives Matter signs showed up. The last sign was the "He's an asshole" in Spanish sign. The shower of confetti at the end was pink tickets with RESIST on them.

So yeah, it's gonna be an interesting tour.

I've never been a Waters fan, musically or politically. But I like him a whole lot better now.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you get a chance to see Midnight Oil, go. The show Wednesday was a stunner. They are playing at least as well as they were when they called it a day 15 years ago. I hope this will spur them to put out some new material after the tour. Outstanding show!

SETLIST  SEATTLE 
King of the Mountain

No Reaction

Brave Faces

Short Memory

Read About It

Sell My Soul

Stars of Warburton

Concrete

My Country

Luritja Way

Spirit of the Age

US Forces

Kosciusko

Only the Strong

The Dead Heart

Beds Are Burning

Blue Sky Mine

Truganini

Sometimes

Encore:
Jimmy Sharman's Boxers

Too Much Sunshine

Forgotten Years

Encore 2:
Warakurna

Dreamworld

If you get a chance to see Midnight Oil, go. The show Wednesday was a stunner. They are playing at least as well as they were when they called it a day 15 years ago. I hope this will spur them to put out some new material after the tour. Outstanding show!

SETLIST  SEATTLE 
King of the Mountain

No Reaction

Brave Faces

Short Memory

Read About It

Sell My Soul

Stars of Warburton

Concrete

My Country

Luritja Way

Spirit of the Age

US Forces

Kosciusko

Only the Strong

The Dead Heart

Beds Are Burning

Blue Sky Mine

Truganini

Sometimes

Encore:
Jimmy Sharman's Boxers

Too Much Sunshine

Forgotten Years

Encore 2:
Warakurna

Dreamworld

Patterson from DBT tweeted that he saw them as was fired up.

Patterson from DBT tweeted that he saw them as was fired up.

Patterson & I are roughly the same vintage (he might be 2 years younger). Grew up on the same stuff with some geographic variances. I did see the real Lynyrd Skynyrd though at a young age!

Patterson & I are roughly the same vintage (he might be 2 years younger). Grew up on the same stuff with some geographic variances. I did see the real Lynyrd Skynyrd though at a young age!

Yeah but did you see molly hatchet

Kool Keith as Dr. Octagon kinda mailed it in last night (was almost two hours late from his initial set time start, read most of the lyrics from a teleprompter at the monitors, was on stage for the grand total of about 37 minutes) but damn do these songs still carry some weight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhmiAukE_hM

Son Volt! I saw Jay Farrar solo acoustic (with a lap steel player) years ago. Bored me to tears. Hopefully he'll bring it tonight. I've heard nothing but good about this current tour.

Great show! 2nd encore was VU's What Goes On...