Chuck first Lips show? New album is good! Just saw them a few months ago. Enjoy! Yeah Matthew is a nice guy I will however have to rib him if I see him before or after the show for avoiding Blue Skies on Mars and 100% Fun (Besides sick of myself and we're the same)  my two favorite albums in the live setting.. grr

Enjoy tonight's show!

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matthew was great! I was at the second table from the front, so excellent spot.

He played 3 new songs, the best of which seems to be one called Trick, although it's really impossible to judge after only hearing these songs once.

He asked if anyone there was a Kickstarter backer of his, so since I am, I went and introduced myself to him after the show to find out more about the cat sculpture I've been waiting three long years for now. *laughs*. What a nice guy.

Btw, bring your sunglasses tonight Craig. You will be blinded in that place until the sun goes down. Even many of the staff were wearing sunglasses.

ahh thanks for the pointer was very sunny yesterday! I hope you get your sculpture soon I heard that he hasn't delivered in the 3 years since the kickstarter got started. Glad you had a good time and got to hang with Matthew sounds like a great night.

I hope you get your sculpture soon I heard that he hasn't delivered in the 3 years since the kickstarter got started.

Yeah, I'm sure I'll be getting it soon. He's been posting pix of the work in progress recently, so I'm sure it won't be long now. I didn't have the heart to ask him exactly when, because it was clear even during the show that he feels badly about having taken so long. But that's okay, I don't mind - I'd rather have an album he's happy with than one he just rushed out to meet some self-imposed deadline. I know his mom passed away since that Kickstarter campaign, and that can throw a major monkeywrench into anyone's life.

The Shins tonight. I was faced with the rare dilemma (in lil ol' Norfolk, VA) of having to choose between 2 shows: The Shins and Todd Rundgren. I made my decision based on ticket price and how close the venue is to my house.

^ I agree..I am excited for the new album and definitely could understand how he got delayed.

Here's a video I took from last night

Nice! I almost missed this because I don't usually scroll back.

Hopefully you did not have the blinding sun issues...judging from your video, you were sitting in a perfect place to be blinded. *laughs*

How'd you enjoy the show?

^ I got there right around sunset was bad for about 10 minutes then the sun went behind the buildings. I also put up to other videos on youtube if you want to see. Show was great and it was a perfect spot to watch the show. He still sounds great!

Going super obscure tonight! Driving up to New Hampshire to see Thanks To Gravity... anyone ever hear of them? They were one of my favorites in high school and they don't tour ever and only play in Maine and New Hampshire when they play

Chuck first Lips show? New album is good! Just saw them a few months ago. Enjoy! Yeah Matthew is a nice guy I will however have to rib him if I see him before or after the show for avoiding Blue Skies on Mars and 100% Fun (Besides sick of myself and we're the same)  my two favorite albums in the live setting.. grr

Enjoy tonight's show!

sorry i missed this. 2 work night shows in a week (lips & u2) = rugged. has been a schizo week. started off so great with the shows. then came thursday. devasted by chris cornell's passing. + am having some extra doctor/med insurance trouble. my 2nd job. to answer your question, i've seen the lips several times. they are always stellar. this show was really great. the light show has grown to epic size. i've made my friend a fan & she loved it. told me we wouldn't be missing them if they play in town any time. good sign. hopefully won't be as long a wait as this time. they hadn't played in seattle area for over 3 years. want to take her teenage daughter next time. glad matthew was good. i've hung out with him a few times & girlfriend is an all time favorite. really liked the covers records too.

PS: next up Midnight Oil on May 31 from the front row. woo hoo! then Roger Waters not too long after that. good concert season this year so far.

Going super obscure tonight! Driving up to New Hampshire to see Thanks To Gravity... anyone ever hear of them? They were one of my favorites in high school and they don't tour ever and only play in Maine and New Hampshire when they play

name is very very vaguely familiar. where did they play?

i saw Metallica last night. that was a solid, big budget rock show. 

18556883_10155452284205992_1386141208329

No Trump-punches were pulled in the show. The song "Pigs" from Animals was pure fire from Roger. Some of the audience was quite incensed and quite a few left the show. The guys right in front of me were flipping out and flipping birds at the screen when the Black Lives Matter signs showed up. The last sign was the "He's an asshole" in Spanish sign. The shower of confetti at the end was pink tickets with RESIST on them.

So yeah, it's gonna be an interesting tour.