• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^they brought out Carly Simon last night and played M1 A1 for the first time in 15 years and Revolving Doors first thing off the Fall live ever I couldn't be more excited! Can't wait to see what tonight brings!

Tomorrow, in Yorkville IL, the Metaphysical Fit Fest features the Giving Tree Band at 6pm. Its at the park by the dam on the Fox river.

Elvis Costello and the Imposters

details, please.

I caught philly a month or so ago and DC in November.

Chicago in Boston

A friend of mine saw them the other night and told me they are down to only two original members on stage now. Sad to hear, but I guess playing a horn for several hours can become difficult when you're in your 70's.

details, please.

I caught philly a month or so ago and DC in November.

Solid show, with 9 songs from Imperial Bedroom. I thought "Pidgin English" (which closed out the first set) and "Everyday I Write the Book" were the highlights. He played about 2 hours; the band was tight, and the mix was fair. A wee bit chilly - 55 degrees with a stiff wind.

It was at the same venue that Wilco is playing this coming Sunday, though it was a mix of seats/GA for Elvis and it will be all GA for Wilco. Seated folks (I was not one of them) sat for the first hour; there was some good sit/stand wondering going on, from what I could see. I know that is a beloved/maligned topic on VC.

Elvis Costello and the Imposters

Was this at Thompson's Point? I was up in Maine this weekend for something else & almost went to the show but the rain scared me off. Is there a curfew there? I'm assuming 10pm & I've read around $20 to park. Can't believe Wilco is already coming up this weekend. Solid Sound seems so long ago.

Edit: just seeing your response now to the previous post. I had left the reply option open to remind me to ask about this place.