• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any advice for parking near HOB but not in that lot on Landsdowne? Really hate taking the T home after a HOB show.

Also -- see you guys there! I took my Wilco beanie out of storage today, so I'll be wearing it. Was pretty reluctant to break out the winter apparel, but am glad that I did!

Any advice for parking near HOB but not in that lot on Landsdowne? Really hate taking the T home after a HOB show.

Also -- see you guys there! I took my Wilco beanie out of storage today, so I'll be wearing it. Was pretty reluctant to break out the winter apparel, but am glad that I did!

i always have good luck on Yawkey Way, personally. there is no parking on Lansdowne (or very limited), and Ipswich is all resident sticker only.

me too x4!

Re. parking at HoB - I have often had good luck on Boylston finding a metered spot.  The meters go off at 8 pm, which works out pretty well. 

What did people think of the show?

i thought it was great. you knew it was gonna be heavy on the new record, which i still haven't digested much, but they certainly hit all aspects of their songbook. 25 songs is not shabby! there's something to be said about massed vocals like that...pretty rare to see a band pull that off so well. 

i got in the place about 10 min before TPOBPAH got on, and the building was relatively empty, which surprised me. by the time NPs got on stage, it was pretty much at capacity.

nice running into OCB at the very end of the show! i should have my photos and review up tonight. here's a teaser

10818356_875370445829150_305790275535573

i thought it was great. you knew it was gonna be heavy on the new record, which i still haven't digested much, but they certainly hit all aspects of their songbook. 25 songs is not shabby! there's something to be said about massed vocals like that...pretty rare to see a band pull that off so well. 

i got in the place about 10 min before TPOBPAH got on, and the building was relatively empty, which surprised me. by the time NPs got on stage, it was pretty much at capacity.

nice running into OCB at the very end of the show! i should have my photos and review up tonight. here's a teaser

Yes - great seeing/meeting you!  I thought the show was fantastic.  Not much banter and they ripped through a lot of songs.  I like the new stuff but it's definitely slowed down a notch from the early stuff (like Mass Romantic, which they played at the end).  But with Dan on stage they had eight musicians and seven microphones so there is lots of vocals. 

Just got back to Boston from Austin caught a few live acts the singular one worth writing about is Eric Tessmer Band.

Has played with Coco Montoya and others is quite talented in his own style yet steeped in SRV. If your "15" plans find you in Austin ck out The Friends Club he has a residency there.

That must have been a show of marathon length. Was it great? And how did you hold up?

It wasn't marathon length for them. They played about 2 1/2 hours. They have 3 nights at The Fillmore so plenty of time to "get it right." Great show! They really gave it their all.

Just to give you a glimpse into life in The Bay Area, tonight DBT, Chris Robinson Brotherhood and Lucero are all playing at different venues. There are no bad choices to be made. All great options.

It wasn't marathon length for them. They played about 2 1/2 hours. They have 3 nights at The Fillmore so plenty of time to "get it right." Great show! They really gave it their all.

Just to give you a glimpse into life in The Bay Area, tonight DBT, Chris Robinson Brotherhood and Lucero are all playing at different venues. There are no bad choices to be made. All great options.

soooooo jel.

awesome. how was it? 

did you buy stuff from his site previously or get tipped off? i was too late.

Louis CK was incredible. I saw one of the Symphony Hall shows the last time he was here, and last night was better. He was obviously working out some new material, but it was all very funny. Even when he's only "okay" he's better than most.

I've purchased his specials and tickets from his site, and I didn't get the email about the show. I happened to see a Boston.com tweet about the shows and got in quickly for orchestra seats for the early show.