• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

now the nation can see how terrible the Paradise stage lighting is.

There's nothing I like about the Paradise.  Going there for 35 years, still hate it each time.  Was much better watching Soulive on my big screen in my warm room.  They had multiple good camera angles.

Ex Hex, Brids of Avalon, Motherfucker.

Probably won't get there in time for Motherfucker, but I've heard they're really good.

I don't like quoting myself, but if y'all get a chance to see Ex Hex on this tour DO IT.  That was the most joyous rock show I've seen in a long time.  That band is having a ball onstage and had the audience in the palm of their hands. I like their record a lot, but their live show completely destroys it.

Birds of Avalon were really good. I liked what I saw of them on youtube, but they exceded my expectations.  I was expecting sort of a hard rock, '70s type of sound, but it was a little more like Eno or New Wave with heavier drumming.

Motherfucker (I only saw a couple of their songs) were quite good, too.  Three young-ish girls playing some pretty brutal hard rock.  It was funny to hear the bass player at the end of their set say in a very sweet voice "stick around for...")  The juxtaposition of that voice and their band name and sound was quite amusing and charming. 

it's the worst. i don't think i'd ever say this, but i prefer the older layout.

Agreed ..

The only good thing about that venue is it's history for U2 The Police Cars Meatloaf when he was just a Quarter Pounder ( 2 days after Bat out of Hell came out good show, actually)

Up the street I like what they did with the old Harpers Ferry can't speak of lighting but I like that old place ..

How was it? I wish I could've made it to one of these shows.

It was great.  The Districts opened and they were very good, and Dr. Dog just puts it all out there.  Good crowd around us too.  They're broadcasting Monday's show someplace on line.

In South Orange?! Nice I live a few miles from there! Great venue!

Yes, first time I've been to SOPAC. Somehow I didn't know it existed until recently, which is odd since I'm only a half hour away myself.

I loved the venue! I want to see all of my favorite bands there!

And the Furs were awesome! I don't even want to think about how many years it's been since I last saw them. This may have been the most enjoyable Furs show I've ever seen....the crowd was totally into it and Richard Butler ate it up and fed off it. There was dancing in the aisles! (including by me)

Yes, first time I've been to SOPAC. Somehow I didn't know it existed until recently, which is odd since I'm only a half hour away myself.

I loved the venue! I want to see all of my favorite bands there!

And the Furs were awesome! I don't even want to think about how many years it's been since I last saw them. This may have been the most enjoyable Furs show I've ever seen....the crowd was totally into it and Richard Butler ate it up and fed off it. There was dancing in the aisles! (including by me)

Nice! Glad you had fun! I'm from Scotch Plains? You?

Nice! Glad you had fun! I'm from Scotch Plains? You?

I'm in Parsippany. Many years ago, I used to work in Murray Hill and my coworkers and I would sometimes go to Scotch Plains for lunch or dinner. These days, I only get there to meet an old friend from those days at the Charlie Brown's there near Westfield.