• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nick Lowe tonight at Old Town School of Folk!  It will be a busy upcoming week and here's the schedule: 

tonight - Nick Lowe at OTSoFM (I also really like the opener, the Cactus Blossoms, who are the replacement for Ian McLagan)

tomorrow - Nick Lowe interview with Jim DeRogatis at OTSoFM (see you there, Diane and Be-ah)

Monday - Wilco - the Riv

Tuesday - Wilco - the Riv

Wednesday - Justin Townes Earle at Evanston Space with Nora O'Connor

Thursday - Wilco - the Riv

Friday - Wilco - the Riv

This week promises to be about the best concert week of my life!

Nick Lowe tonight at Old Town School of Folk!  It will be a busy upcoming week and here's the schedule: 

tonight - Nick Lowe at OTSoFM (I also really like the opener, the Cactus Blossoms, who are the replacement for Ian McLagan)

tomorrow - Nick Lowe interview with Jim DeRogatis at OTSoFM (see you there, Diane and Be-ah)

Monday - Wilco - the Riv

Tuesday - Wilco - the Riv

Wednesday - Justin Townes Earle at Evanston Space with Nora O'Connor

Thursday - Wilco - the Riv

Friday - Wilco - the Riv

This week promises to be about the best concert week of my life!

Read that Ian McLagan was about to open some shows for Nick Lowe before he passed - was he supposed to be on the OTSoFM bill, too?   (Just checked - he was - all the times Mac passed through Chicago and all the times I didn't go see him, definitely sucks.)

(Also, nice week of shows, there.)

Edited by calvino

Lucius killed it tonight at Terminal 5 in NYC. Their biggest headlining show yet, and they deserved every bit of the adulation tossed their way. Their set included a cover of Bob Dylan's "When The Night Comes Falling From The Sky" and the Kinks' "Stangers," which was also a vocal contribution by Jeff Tweedy on the last Golden Smog album. Ended the show with "Happy XMas (War is Over)." They played most if not all of their album, but no new material. (Or maybe they did? There's one song I didn't recognize - not sure if cover or not.)

They went for the crowd surfing thing but the audience seemed unaware of what was about to happen and dropped Jess! She got up and made a successful 2nd attempt.

Lucius killed it tonight at Terminal 5 in NYC. Their biggest headlining show yet, and they deserved every bit of the adulation tossed their way. Their set included a cover of Bob Dylan's "When The Night Comes Falling From The Sky" and the Kinks' "Stangers," which was also a vocal contribution by Jeff Tweedy on the last Golden Smog album. Ended the show with "Happy XMas (War is Over)." They played most if not all of their album, but no new material. (Or maybe they did? There's one song I didn't recognize - not sure if cover or not.)

They went for the crowd surfing thing but the audience seemed unaware of what was about to happen and dropped Jess! She got up and made a successful 2nd attempt.

Lucius is big enough to headline at T5? damn, when did that happen?

My brother was supposed to go to this but has the flu. Should be great. I'm interested to see who the surprise opener is

Me too, very mysterious:

Boston Opener Surprise

TTB’s final two shows of 2014 are at the House of Blues in Boston on December 12 and 13, and we’re doing something different that we hope you’ll enjoy. We’ve booked an amazing opening act for each night, but we’re keeping them secret until the curtain comes up on the night of the show.

Your only hint: both bands/artists have collaborated with TTB before. Trust us, you won’t want to miss either one, so be sure to show up early and get ready for a great night of music.

I haven't spent a lot of time thinking about this yet, but Krasno comes to mind so maybe a Soulive opener?  That would be my #1 wish.  Maybe some Oteil band?  Or George Porter, Jr.?  No real feel for who this will be, looking forward to having the curtain go up!