• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lucius is big enough to headline at T5? damn, when did that happen?

When they spent all of 2014 playing festivals and touring like crazy and building up the fanbase ;)  Not only are they talented musicians but they are smart people who seem to have business/marketing savvy. NYC is their adopted hometown anyway, so it figured to be a big crowd. They played some small club in Albany the night before and Higher Ground in VT 2 nights prior, so they aren't doing nationwide arena tours just yet!

Johnnyswim Christmas / Sinclair in Cambridge

Great Soulful and upbeat mix of Holiday and their own material. This is a wonderful husband & wife duet. Last show of this tour, back after their " baby break" in April 15

Merry Christmas folks

I managed to make it to the last of three Winter Solstice shows put on by drummers Hamid Drake and Michael Zerang this morning at 6 AM.  I highly recommend these performances (too late this year).  Each year (24 and counting) they just keep getting better and better and there is no better showcase for the unbelievable drumming and percussion that Hamid does. They are both fantastic, but Hamid is a force of nature (and a super nice guy.)

LouieB

I managed to make it to the last of three Winter Solstice shows put on by drummers Hamid Drake and Michael Zerang this morning at 6 AM.  I highly recommend these performances (too late this year).  Each year (24 and counting) they just keep getting better and better and there is no better showcase for the unbelievable drumming and percussion that Hamid does. They are both fantastic, but Hamid is a force of nature (and a super nice guy.)

LouieB

One of these years I'll catch one of these --- though I have been saying that since about 1997.

It's so early that it is a deterrent to getting up and seeing this, but if you can take half a day off to do it this it is a very worthwhile time.  Hamid proves time and again he may be the best drummer in the world.  Zerang is no slouch either, but Hamid can do so much without ever breaking a sweat.  Between his amazing technique and the crazy rhythms he produces, he totally blows away any other drummer I can think of and we all know some pretty amazing ones.  Mike Reed was there this morning and I bet he just sits there thinking of all the stuff he can borrow for his own work.

LouieB 

Bosstones final night 3 rd sold out show

Great performance .. A bit too much plaid for one person to see.

Otherwise a great dance party!

Happy New Years

Please support Local Live Music in 15' thanks !