Presale 2011 tour

Folks - I live in Nashville and have been keeping eyes peeled for presales since there's a lot of interest. Ordinarily I'd say to go down to the box office, but since this is all online...no dice.

If there's a local presale it'll be at lightning100.com. I haven't seen anything tho. Might not be bad to listen at noon today when they do a lot of ticket giveaways (the Lt. Dan show) - there's a live stream at the link I just posted and I don't think the giveaways are limited to this local area.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could have gotten slightly better seats if I waited for the venue presale for the Atlanta shows. Good to know for next time. That being said, I'm perfectly happy with where I am now. Good times to be had regardless!

Yes, Row A for Night 2 popped up after a few tries.

Just a note on the Ryman - there really are no bad seats in the place with one exception - the sections right up against the walls (1 & 8 on the floor and 9 & 16 in the balcony). It's an extreme angle and you won't be able to see Glenn, which is just wrong.

You're fine in you're in those sections and are in the seats nearest the aisles - higher seat numbers for sections 1 & 9 and lower ones for 9 & 16.

Here's the seating chart: http://ryman.com/event/Ryman_SeatingChart.pdf

I don't think the general onsale tomorrow will be too bad b/c they're playing two shows. Good luck, folks! Oh, and - grab a hotel room now if you're planning on coming. Walking distance are the Doubletree on 4th Ave, the Hampton Inn on 2nd Ave and the Downtown Hilton behind the Country Music Hall.

Just a note on the Ryman - there really are no bad seats in the place with one exception - the sections right up against the walls (1 & 8 on the floor and 9 & 16 in the balcony). It's an extreme angle and you won't be able to see Glenn, which is just wrong.

You're fine in you're in those sections and are in the seats nearest the aisles - higher seat numbers for sections 1 & 9 and lower ones for 9 & 16.

I don't think the general onsale tomorrow will be too bad b/c they're playing two shows. Good luck, folks! Oh, and - grab a hotel room now if you're planning on coming. Walking distance are the Doubletree on 4th Ave, the Hampton Inn on 2nd Ave and the Downtown Hilton behind the Country Music Hall.

Thanks for the tips! It looks like the Courtyard by Marriott might be walking distance, too.

anyone have good knowledge of the Wang in Boston? I grabbed 13th row (row M), but it's "left orchestra" - the farthest over against a wall (there is "center," "left center," "left," "right center," and "right"). I got two "left."

My brother in law grabbed 4 for "center" - but row X, obviously back from M, but also obviously way more center - and me and my wife can sit with him/my sister, and I sell the row M pair to two friends.

Does "left" or "right" really pin you against the walls? for anyone that knows the venue, would you pick the row M (left), or row x (center)?

thanks.... of course i'm happy to sit anywhere and don't wanna sound douchey, but hey, if I have the choice, why not, right?!

What I remember about The Wang :stunned : If you are "pinned" on either side you may not see the far right or far left of the stage. So you may not see Mikael Jorgensen or Pat Sansone do their thing on the keyboards. You may see their keyboards, but not them if that makes sense to you. It's a lot like the Orpheum.

I had an aisle seat for Orchestra Row G and my Safari crash while I was putting in my credit card info. Safari so bad. I wound up splitting up my friends because 3 seats together was only pulling up balcony. We have amongst us from today's presale: Mezz Row A Seat 113.......Mezz Row A Seat 101 (kind of nice how that worked out). Left Orchestra Row J Seat 17.

I also read where you can pick up your ticket anytime after tomorrow 12 noon, so that there isn't a shit show on show night. I had to reread that. showtime only pickup as obviously noted around here probably.

What I remember about The Wang :stunned : If you are "pinned" on either side you may not see the far right or far left of the stage. So you may not see Mikael Jorgensen or Pat Sansone do their thing on the keyboards. You may see their keyboards, but not them if that makes sense to you. It's a lot like the Orpheum.

I had an aisle seat for Orchestra Row G and my Safari crash while I was putting in my credit card info. Safari so bad. I wound up splitting up my friends because 3 seats together was only pulling up balcony. We have amongst us from today's presale: Mezz Row A Seat 113.......Mezz Row A Seat 101 (kind of nice how that worked out). Left Orchestra Row J Seat 17.

I also read where you can pick up your ticket anytime after tomorrow 12 noon, so that there isn't a shit show on show night. I had to reread that. showtime only pickup as obviously noted around here probably.

hmmm. thanks. still undecided.

Those are closer to the wall according to the seating chart that popped up in the ticket window. 41 touches the wall being the last seat.

Edit: Likewise, trying to sell or trade off tix for this show is going to be a huge pain in the ass because everyone has Will Call.

Those are closer to the wall according to the seating chart that popped up in the ticket window. 41 touches the wall being the last seat.

Edit: Likewise, trying to sell or trade off tix for this show is going to be a huge pain in the ass because everyone has Will Call.

i know, i know...jeesh. a good thing overall though for sure.

I'm a newbie to the Ryman. I got Section 1 Row J seats 1 & 2. Will these be ok for viewing?

They won't be great, I hate to tell you - there'll be amps & crap in your way. But at least you're over a little on that row thanks to the handicapped area.

Don't get me wrong - it's not worst case scenario by any means. You'll get a great view of Pat & likely Jeff.

Confirmed: Lightning 100 is giving away tickets. Their phone number is (615) 777-5100 if you wanna call up and ask stuff. Listen online at lightning100.com right now-ish for the show that usually does giveaways.

Also, for the locals, just now on the Grimeys Records FB page:

The new Wilco single "I Might" streets next Tuesday, 7/19 and everyone who buys it at Grimey's will be entered to win a pair of tickets to one of their two upcoming shows at the Ryman Auditorium on October 1st & 2nd!!

They won't be great, I hate to tell you - there'll be amps & crap in your way. But at least you're over a little on that row thanks to the handicapped area.

Don't get me wrong - it's not worst case scenario by any means. You'll get a great view of Pat & likely Jeff.

Confirmed: Lightning 100 is giving away tickets. Their phone number is (615) 777-5100 if you wanna call up and ask stuff. Listen online at lightning100.com right now-ish for the show that usually does giveaways.

Also, for the locals, just now on the Grimeys Records FB page:

Thanks much! Just to be in that building will be good for me!

I'm a newbie to the Ryman. I got Section 1 Row J seats 1 & 2. Will these be ok for viewing?

that's exactly where i'm sitting for the 2nd night. they aren't far back, but the angle kinda stinks. might try and find other seats...

got raleigh and both atlanta, not great seats for any of them, but just glad to have gotten through. They should play Fugazi's "Waiting Room" while we're in that hell.

Ha! that waiting room was brutal. I was was thinking what kind of game is this?...If I play, does it open some mysterious door for tickets?...

that's exactly where i'm sitting for the 2nd night. they aren't far back, but the angle kinda stinks. might try and find other seats...

At least we won't need raingear for this one.

-Heather

Ha! that waiting room was brutal. I was was thinking what kind of game is this?...If I play, does it open some mysterious door for tickets?...

At least we won't need raingear for this one.

-Heather

Ha! That was quite an experience-- I wouldn't have had it any other way! Are you guys making the trip up to Boston? I think we're only doing Boston and Nashville. I'm very excited. I'm sure I'll be seeing you!

T

I never got a waiting room. Hoped on at 10am, got row 6 left center for Toronto night 2. Went back on 2 min later got row 3 right center for Toronto night 1. Was completely painless.