Presidential Race (Respector Edition)

I thought it was pretty funny. Must not appeal to that Mid-West sense of humor. Things looked pretty slow here so I figured this one might get the juices flowing. Oh, well...back to preparing for the storm of the century.

Lou, you'll like these...

Mitt's storm tips

http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com/2012/10/mitts-storm-tips.html

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any predictions? I think Romney wins, picking up both Illinois and Ohio as well as Florida.

Illinois? Did you mean Iowa? If Romney wins Illinois, then our voter suppression efforts throughout the country would have far exceeded my wildest expectations.

For those who think Romney will win - there's a big payout waiting for you in Vegas.

For sure. Nate Silver is still saying 70 some % for Obama.

Oh and Ohio....going for Obama.

LouieB

Wait, which place offers the horsey sauce?

Babs, you can pry my horsey sauce from my cold, dead hands.......

Arby's? That can stay. As long as he's gonna shut down an available means for millions of women to receive affordable health care services, might as well shut down a car shop that consistently screws the customer and a fast food joint that sells hot dogs made from play-do.

Arby's? That can stay. As long as he's gonna shut down an available means for millions of women to receive affordable health care services, might as well shut down a car shop that consistently screws the customer and a fast food joint that sells hot dogs made from play-do.

Lammy fer president! A hotdog for every pothead!!

Lammy fer president! A hotdog for every pothead!!
That ranks up there with the best political slogans of all time:

1) Forty acres and a mule

2) A chicken in every pot

3) A hotdog for every pothead

Perfect!

Although, now I'm thinking...maybe make it a kind veggie burrito...?

I think it is a tad early for predictions. This Sandy thing is really screwing with everything. I was gonna make my final Electoral College predictions this weekend. Gotta see the outcome of the Redskins game.

It is idoitic if you think if the home state of the President is going red.

It also reminds me of how rarely you hear about this review of the 2000 Florida vote.

http://www.nytimes.c...ics/12VOTE.html

A comprehensive review of the uncounted Florida ballots from last year's presidential election reveals that George W. Bush would have won even if the United States Supreme Court had allowed the statewide manual recount of the votes that the Florida Supreme Court had ordered to go forward.

Contrary to what many partisans of former Vice President Al Gore have charged, the United States Supreme Court did not award an election to Mr. Bush that otherwise would have been won by Mr. Gore. A close examination of the ballots found that Mr. Bush would have retained a slender margin over Mr. Gore if the Florida court's order to recount more than 43,000 ballots had not been reversed by the United States Supreme Court.

Even under the strategy that Mr. Gore pursued at the beginning of the Florida standoff — filing suit to force hand recounts in four predominantly Democratic counties — Mr. Bush would have kept his lead, according to the ballot review conducted for a consortium of news organizations.

I may be accused of politicizing a tragedy, but I am surprised no one here has mentioned Mitt’s comments in the GOP primary about FEMA and the fact that he refuses to answer any of the questions about his comments. http://www.huffingto..._n_2044213.html

Also if there is one thing that this tragedy has shown it is how useful, purposeful and important the Federal government has been. From all accounts the Federal government has been on top of this and are working efficiently and effectively to manage this tragedy. Chris Christie has even praised PBO. I know that Sparky lives on the East Coast, and I do not know to what extent he has been affected (hopefully he and his family are safe and well), but I wonder what his thoughts have changed about the Federal Government in the wake of hurricane Sandy.

Fair points, but I think Mitt is right to ignore right now. People will react with emotion.

Well Mitt has his "right" to ignore it - but words and policy matter - hopefully people will react with emotion by going out to vote against his policies, proposals, and words.

Like the event that happen in Libya, while a tragedy, President Obama needed and needs to answer for it in the political arena (and I think he has), likewise Romney should with his views on federal relief. It's a bit of a shame that there is not another debate, I would like to the Governor's response.

Hopefully the press and perhaps other democratic politicians (like McCain pounding the President on Libya) gets a response from the Governor.