Presidential Race (Respector Edition)

Also if there is one thing that this tragedy has shown it is how useful, purposeful and important the Federal government has been.

Not to Sparky. Expect a posting on how horrible FEMA is any moment now.

LouieB

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair points, but I think Mitt is right to ignore right now.

Well unfortunately one of the jobs of a president is to react to disasters and use resources to prevent / aid areas of our country. Mitt has said he would eliminate FEMA. He needs to answer how a Romney presidency would respond to a disaster like this.

Also what will the role of the government a post Sandy rebuilding period? Will the government take an active role with money and aid? PBO has stated as much. I am not sure what a Mitt president would do.

Folks, remember, you always have the option of putting other members on "ignore" if you like. Some of this is beginning to smack of baiting...please don't. Live and let live, and set to "ignore" if you need to. Thanks.

Folks, remember, you always have the option of putting other members on "ignore" if you like. Some of this is beginning to smack of baiting...please don't. Live and let live, and set to "ignore" if you need to. Thanks.

I laud your restraint in breaking out the ban stick

Nothing has warranted banning.

Dont worry, I'm working up something of a highly offensive nature. You'll see, you'll ALL SEE!!

One of my (female) friends on Facebook posted something I liked. It's a little over the top, which is probably why I like it.

"If you don't vote because you're convinced both guys are just the same, then I hope you like having to bring up your rape baby which you must bring to term because God has a plan for you, without healthcare because God's plan doesn't involve that, nor with education because it's the teachers who are to blame for the economy suffering, but not the rich who shouldn't be asked to suffer at all even if they did rape our economy." :lol

ooooooh- kayyyyyy, then.

someone's favorite candidate is a stark raving mad lunatic numerologist obessed with the magical "43" and at its limitless possibilities.

Prediction: sure to garner 43 votes.

It's very sincere, no doubt. And Mitt is smart enough to know that if he, as a candidate, not president, flew into N.J. to lend a hand, no matter how well-intentioned, it wouldn't appear sincere. So what else can he do besides campaign?

Maybe answer a question on FEMA, explaining his position that he stated in the GOP debates. Or what he sees the role of a Romney presidency in the rebuilding the East Coast.

But that would require him to do something real. Which I don't think he has done since this 2008.

602620_10151102125909117_1331314351_n.jpg

Gun rights have not changed under Obama, and I live in one of the most "pro weed" states in the union. He has not interfered with our state rights.

Also, I don't like that there are starving Iranians, but I like the idea of bombing them even less. As they garner nuclear arms what would Johnson do to achieve "peace and diplomacy" with them?