Sending love to srmt

Such sad news. But she seems like a strong lady who will come out the other side of this fine. Sending the most positive vibrations and thoughts to Sue and family!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw this.

It's amazing how bad I feel for somebody I don't know. 

My thoughts and prayers are with the Tweedy family.

The proper words are hard to find a situation like this, but I'm sure you know how many people feel for you and your family.  You and Jeff have done so much to make our lives better through song, your goodness will will be rewarded and get you through this trying time. Cornbread said it well… it is amazing how bad we all feel for someone we don't know on a personal level. I really feel as if I have gotten this news about a close family member or friend.  Stay positive Sue, you are blessed to have your wonderful family to see you through this!

You are not alone...

Best wishes and much love to Sue, Jeff, the kids, and the rest of their family and inner circle as they confront this challenge together.  Hope you take strength from all the love and support coming your way from the vast reaches of the internets!

Jeff & Susie,

I think you probably read the posts on this board, so I would say go, be together and get better - beat this thing.

If we don't hear from you for awhile, we'll miss you, but we will still be here when you get back and are healthy and happy.

Sending all of my best vibes and love to the Tweedy family.  So sad to hear this news, brings tears to my eyes.

I haven't logged on here for awhile, however my fiance surprised me today with tickets for Saturday's show at the Vic, so I thought I would see who else may be going and how we may be able to make requests.   He, too, is battling cancer, however his has been deemed terminal.  He proposed to me this last Solid Sound as Wilco was playing California Stars.  Our love story is rooted in all of the shows we have shared together, and the songs we have danced to, with Wilco being the most important.  This will likely be our last time hearing these songs played live, as I haven't seen any announcements for a spring tour and they aren't playing any of the fests we are hoping to go to this year.  I fully intend to get up out of my seat when/if he plays California Stars.  We'll be the fools dancing in aisles, celebrating, and at the same time, mourning the cycle of life and love.

Sorry for the overshare.  The news really hit home, especially today.  Reminds me of how connected we are as humans, sharing the same roads, the same loves, the same pain...

So much love to the Tweedy's, and to everyone here. 

Sending all of my best vibes and love to the Tweedy family.  So sad to hear this news, brings tears to my eyes.

I haven't logged on here for awhile, however my fiance surprised me today with tickets for Saturday's show at the Vic, so I thought I would see who else may be going and how we may be able to make requests.   He, too, is battling cancer, however his has been deemed terminal.  He proposed to me this last Solid Sound as Wilco was playing California Stars.  Our love story is rooted in all of the shows we have shared together, and the songs we have danced to, with Wilco being the most important.  This will likely be our last time hearing these songs played live, as I haven't seen any announcements for a spring tour and they aren't playing any of the fests we are hoping to go to this year.  I fully intend to get up out of my seat when/if he plays California Stars.  We'll be the fools dancing in aisles, celebrating, and at the same time, mourning the cycle of life and love.

Sorry for the overshare.  The news really hit home, especially today.  Reminds me of how connected we are as humans, sharing the same roads, the same loves, the same pain...

So much love to the Tweedy's, and to everyone here.

I will be there both nights and hope to meet you and your fiancé. (From your post in another thread, it looks like you went to One Big Holiday and probably met a couple of my friends who occasionally post on here.) I'll send you a PM.

As to how to ensure you get your request played, you need to be among the first 30 people in line that night. Here's a little documentary from a couple years ago that's fun to watch but also gives you a feel for how the show is done.