Wilco 2015 Shows (/rumors)

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They play Sunday( https://instagram.com/p/zhvCGvJTYs/?modal=true ). Anybody been before? Wondering if they sell day passes...

Update: looks like they will be selling day passes for $40. Hmmmm...

I used to live in Memphis & actually saw Wilco when they were there in 2011. It's pretty much guaranteed to be muddy, but it is very easy to get close to the stage & generally a nice atmosphere down by the river.

I used to live in Memphis & actually saw Wilco when they were there in 2011. It's pretty much guaranteed to be muddy, but it is very easy to get close to the stage & generally a nice atmosphere down by the river.

Cool. I live in Nashville and am considering driving there for the day. But I'd imagine it would be a pretty short setlist. May just stick to the Louisville show.

Heard some rumblings about Wilco at High Sierra Music Fest. Would seem to make sense given other festivals they seem to be hitting, schedule looks open. Pretty jamband heavy, but a pretty cool festival. Hopefully they'll swing down to southern California during the trip out west.

Heard some rumblings about Wilco at High Sierra Music Fest. Would seem to make sense given other festivals they seem to be hitting, schedule looks open. Pretty jamband heavy, but a pretty cool festival. Hopefully they'll swing down to southern California during the trip out west.

This is the kind of news I'm patiently awaiting...

With Dr. Dog opening- now that's a great combination!!!

It sure is...got to see Dr. Dog open for them in Dallas several years ago, great night!

I may have to sell my Red Rocks GA tickets and go to this one instead, tough choice. Both venues 7 hour drives but that's the price I pay to live in paradise.

Debating whether or not to get a ticket for the Scottsdale show. Wilco rarely comes to AZ, so I feel like I should take advantage. But a daytime show (5:30 start) at a baseball field with $85 tickets...oof.

Debating whether or not to get a ticket for the Scottsdale show. Wilco rarely comes to AZ, so I feel like I should take advantage. But a daytime show (5:30 start) at a baseball field with $85 tickets...oof.

I just saw this also -http://saltriverfields.com/Events.aspx

and am now debating just going to Red Rocks as originally planned.

$85 pit and then $65 for reserved?

So if you opt for the $25 GA I guess you're stuck in the stands half a mile away?

If you have Red Rocks tickets, I'd hold onto them. I think I'm going to pass on Scottsdale, as much as it pains me to miss a Wilco show. But I've seen them enough times in the front row that I don't need to pay $100 for the privilege. If I had a reserved seat in the first few rows, it would be one thing, but to get a GA seat and stand in the triple-digit temps for hours...

If you have Red Rocks tickets, I'd hold onto them. I think I'm going to pass on Scottsdale, as much as it pains me to miss a Wilco show. But I've seen them enough times in the front row that I don't need to pay $100 for the privilege. If I had a reserved seat in the first few rows, it would be one thing, but to get a GA seat and stand in the triple-digit temps for hours...

Good point...I may just go to both and probably should.

A couple years ago we moved to a place (Durango CO) which is 4-7 hours from anywhere Wilco might ever play again. The only exception being Telluride which is only 2 hours away and the chances of that are pretty slim.

We talked about it this morning and we think we can deal with the Field GA setup at Scottsdale. We've been looking for a reason to check out the Phoenix area so this will work for that.

Billydee, thanks, that was good info!  I've seen 'em at Red Rocks (bought reserved then, wish I'd been closer) but since I live in Phx area and NEED to see them with not other hopes of travel this year - this is it!  $85 for Pit is scary, though.  Reserved being $65 was new news to me.

I just purchased two GA field seats at an all inclusive total of $85. So I guess I'll see some of you in Scottsdale!

This was thru the Wilco ticketing presale. Ticketmonster required codes to get their presale.

It looks like you can get 2nd row in Section C (Pat's side) still at this point if you're willing to shell out $145 a pair.

Good point...I may just go to both and probably should.

A couple years ago we moved to a place (Durango CO) which is 4-7 hours from anywhere Wilco might ever play again. The only exception being Telluride which is only 2 hours away and the chances of that are pretty slim.

We talked about it this morning and we think we can deal with the Field GA setup at Scottsdale. We've been looking for a reason to check out the Phoenix area so this will work for that.

Hey Billydee,

Are you going to catch Tweedy in Santa Fe on March 26th?  Only 4ish hours for you, the wife and I will be there.

Hey Billydee,

Are you going to catch Tweedy in Santa Fe on March 26th?  Only 4ish hours for you, the wife and I will be there.

Unfortunately no. I made ski trip plans (and leaving that night) before I knew about that show. But thanks for asking! :wave

Wilco fans out here in the Four Corners are VERY few and far between which is a real bummer. And is really a shame because people here in general are really cool but....they can't get their heads out of their jamband/jamgrass/trancegrass/bluegrass and folk music butts long enough to listen to something different. :headbonk

And I like all that music too, but.

Ok, rant over.