• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going back and forth with trying to snag tickets to the Dead & Co. show at Alpine Valley this weekend.

Pro: "Dead" show.

Cons: 2 hour drive each way, going solo, the Alpine Valley parking lot will add 2 hours, other old man reasons...

I'm going back and forth with trying to snag tickets to the Dead & Co. show at Alpine Valley this weekend.

Cons: 2 hour drive each way, going solo, the Alpine Valley parking lot will add 2 hours, other old man reasons...

My wife and a friend of hers are going.

They announced a webcast of both nights, if that impacts your decision.

They announced a webcast of both nights, if that impacts your decision.

That's cool, just told my wife that it would be cool if they webcast the Sunday show - we're heading to the Saturday show, but decided against the Sunday show. Now we can watch the Sunday show at home.

Also I just realized this morning that this Saturday will be the 21st anniversary of GD's last show -- guess it will be nice being up there seeing Weir,Hart, and Kreutzmann.

I've decided not to go. Too much good-will capital spent and 5 hours in the car are not worth it. I have a boys' weekend coming up, and I'm going to Pitchfork next Saturday. Fare thee well!

Can't argue with that logic. Maybe kick back and enjoy the couch tour of both shows, and keep that wife good-will capital in the bank.

Yeah - $30 bucks is too much - that's why I don't do the webcasts very often. The lawn ticket was $40.

Along with Phish, they should do one free one per tour and make them $10.

Yeah - $30 bucks is too much - that's why I don't do the webcasts very often. The lawn ticket was $40.

I like listening to a stream (free!) but I really don't need to see those guys play. Especially for 30 bucks. Crazy.

How was the show Calvino? I checked out the set list. Looked nice.

Had a great time - perhaps a little too much...

Beautiful day - the lot was fun and it was festive inside, too. A nice quiet campground near by -- all was good.

From a music stand point, I though the St. Louis show I saw last fall was a bit better, but Saturday's night show no slouch. They definitely are pretty tight - no major f-ups.

The band definitely keeps things interesting --- must admit this band is one of the better ones since 95.

I was going to watch last night's Webcast - but figured I wouldn't make it past the 1st set - I was beat.

Beautiful day - the lot was fun and it was festive inside, too. A nice quiet campground near by -- all was good.

From a music stand point, I though the St. Louis show I saw last fall was a bit better, but Saturday's night show no slouch. They definitely are pretty tight - no major f-ups.

The band definitely keeps things interesting --- must admit this band is one of the better ones since 95.

I was going to watch last night's Webcast - but figured I wouldn't make it past the 1st set - I was beat.

Sounds nice. I grilled salmon. Beautiful night.

What was the official show time, and what time did they come out?  The Fenway shows are listed for 6:30, just trying to get a sense of how long after the stated show time they actually start.

What was the official show time, and what time did they come out?  The Fenway shows are listed for 6:30, just trying to get a sense of how long after the stated show time they actually start.

Not sure if I am the best person to answer this - I wasn't really paying attention to the time. The start date on the Alpine show was 7:30pm - I believe, they took the stage around 7:40 or so.  I think the venue had a 11:30 curfew.

An imagining of the classic Dead album that never was:

http://doomandgloomfromthetomb.tumblr.com/post/147291210917/summer-of-dead-one-old-score-we-interrupt-our

Pretty good, but I think a bit short on Weir. I'd take the early solo albums, plus the live and unreleased stuff from the era and make 3 classic albums.

The Summer of Dead series in that blog is worth checking out, this year as well as past years if you're not familiar.

I'm looking forward to this. Have never heard either show, and I'm a fan of Mason's Children.

You will dig it! The Other One > Dark star sequence is very spacey. Maui Wowie, anyone?  :D