Solid Sound 2019

Newbie here to the forum. Listening to "Warm" and found you folks. I'm a Boston area musician, longtime Wilco fan. 

Great info here! I picked up our 2019 tickets day one of early bird sales. The entire family (two 20's daughters, wife and I) are really looking forward to this. We had an amazing time at Solid Sound 2017 and pledged we would always try to meet up at Mass MOCA for Solid Sound "every other summer".

You might appreciate this "proof" I have from SS 2017, I call this "Me and Jeff":

meandjeff_zpsg2x5dkfz.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is why people call Wilco "dad rock".

ROCK being the operative word. I know I'm getting old, but I still like a lot of newer and younger bands. They're just not playing at Coachella...and hopefully some of them are playing at Solid Sound

ROCK being the operative word. I know I'm getting old, but I still like a lot of newer and younger bands. They're just not playing at Coachella...and hopefully some of them are playing at Solid Sound

I get you. I feel the same way. Rock will come around again, I think, I hope. But sometimes I think Neil Young was wrong.

I get you. I feel the same way. Rock will come around again, I think, I hope. But sometimes I think Neil Young was wrong.

It's all cyclical.  You just gotta look a little harder for the good rock music nowadays.  It's still out there.  Speaking of music festivals, Merge 30 down in North Carolina at the end of July should be stacked with lots of great rock bands.  I went to Merge 25 and it was absolutely awesome!  Such a great great lineup and an even better vibe (much like past Solid Sound festivals)

Here are some of my early predictions:  Rolling Blackouts C.F., Unknown Mortal Orchestra, J. Mascis or Dinosaur Jr. or Sebadoh, Sleater-Kinney, Courtney Barnett, the Breeders, Ohmme, The Sea and Cake, The Essex Green, Snail Mail.  And I predict we'll see some returning acts from past lineups such as Yo La Tengo, Mac Demarco, Parquet Courts and Low. 

My dream (and kind of realistic lineup) would be

Stephen Malkmus and the Jicks

The Breeders

Dinosaur Jr.

Yo La Tengo

Sleater-Kinney

Courtney Barnett

Will Oldham/Bonnie Prince Billie

Bob Mould

Deerhunter

Rolling Blackouts C.F.

The Men

Kikagaku Moyo

• 3 weeks later...

What are the boys going to do for a special Fri night this year? I would settle for Summerteeth in full followed by A Ghost is Born. Another covers set would be cool, hope we don't get another accoustic set. New album played in full? Thoughts?

We could vote for a setlist in realtime via cellphones.

The band could give us 30 seconds to vote on 2 songs and then they can tell which one got the most votes.

No. there are enough cell phones spoiling gigs with their light. They could have a vote in advance setlist I suppose. All requests.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...