Solid Sound 2019

Ha the only guess I have

Autumn Defense

Nels Cline w MMW

Parquet Courts

Mavis Staples

That would be interesting. Besides solo projects, I don't think they've had return performances, right? Mavis and PQ would be the first. They are both great and I would be in favor...

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is probably the most appealing lineup to date, but I won't be able to attend.

In addition to WIlco

Cate Le Bon

Buck Meek

Ohmme

Julian Lage

Feelies

Lithics

Anything Nels does

Jonathan Richman

Tortoise (they sometimes leave me cold, but it'd be fun to see them again)

All big winners to me. and I'm sure I'd like many of the other acts.  I've heard good things about Wand.

The Solid Sound Instagram Story has a pic of Andy Shauf...who isn't listed elsewhere. Mistake?

Foxwarren is his “supergroup”/side project. Glad they got them because I don’t think that band is gonna tour a lot...

Foxwarren is his “supergroup”/side project. Glad they got them because I don’t think that band is gonna tour a lot...

Oh! Right right. I think I knew that in the back of my head - he mentioned them at his last Chicago show...

Did Jonathan Richman do a previous Solid Sound or do I just remember Wilco playing "Roadrunner" during the cover set? A great lineup!

he has not been there.

This is probably the most appealing lineup to date, but I won't be able to attend.

In addition to WIlco

Cate Le Bon

Buck Meek

Ohmme

Julian Lage

Feelies

Lithics

Anything Nels does

Jonathan Richman

Tortoise (they sometimes leave me cold, but it'd be fun to see them again)

All big winners to me. and I'm sure I'd like many of the other acts.  I've heard good things about Wand.

watching Herndon and McEntire drum together is amazing.

WAND is cool, too.

Rough Francis is a local Punk / Funk band from northern Vermont. They are an amazing live show. So excited they'll be at SS19.

They are, in part, the sons of the founding members of a band called Death, an early african-american punk band memorialized in a documentary titled... A Band Called Death. Really cool story: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDPDm9_nX0o