Solid Sound 2019

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I'm getting ahead of myself here but has anyone camped at SS before? Good experiences? Specifically with the complete camp sites you can rent? I'm thinking that might be the route the wife and I go since we'll be flying in internationally. 

• 3 weeks later...

Friday night = Mermaid show feat. Billy Bragg

While i would love a Mermaid Avenue set for Firday, I was listening to the AM and Being There reissues today and it occurred to me that an awesome Friday set would just be non-album and b-sides set.  Between these new reissues and Alpha Mike Foxtrot there would be plenty of amazing setlists that they could come up with.  Perhaps we might even get another reissue with additional tracks before then.

While i would love a Mermaid Avenue set for Firday, I was listening to the AM and Being There reissues today and it occurred to me that an awesome Friday set would just be non-album and b-sides set.  Between these new reissues and Alpha Mike Foxtrot there would be plenty of amazing setlists that they could come up with.  Perhaps we might even get another reissue with additional tracks before then.

Sunday night - Billy Bragg feat. Wilco

They played a bunch of the songs off Alpha during the winter residency 2014 on their 20th anniversary, but it will be there 25th...

• 4 weeks later...

Any thoughts about which weekend they will choose for SS 2019? June 21-23? June 28-30? Would they go as early as June 14-16? Or back to an August date like the first SS?

I don't foresee a move to another summer month, given all that goes on in the Berkshires in July/August. I am hoping for the June 21-23 or 28-30.

Is it too soon for them to do another covers show on Friday? That was the most awesome show ever.

I was an especially big fan and am poised to follow-up my, double your pleasure & double your fun, vote of "And Your Bird Can Sing" with a perfect show closer- "It's All Too Much" this next time around...

...and I wonder what the new songs will be for certain other bands/artists likely to appear in the set list again (Big Star, Television, Neil Young, Kinks, Stones, Dylan, etc.)... and what newbies might grace the list...

Hope the covers show is the first thing they ever repeat!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

YAY!  AirBnB booked!!

Yeah I was originally looking at camping but AirBnB looks pretty affordable in North Adams especially if you can get a group together.

Oh no. I will be missing SS for the first time. My friend's daughter is getting married in Vermont that weekend. Oh well.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

As soon as I told my wife she said we'll go and see Wilco on Friday and head to VT after the show. One of the many reasons we'll be celebrating our 35th this year :)